Discussion topic: Overcharged

This message was authored by tia+stapylton This message was authored by: tia+stapylton

Overcharged

my bill has gone up by £30+ which is a joke.

im suppose to pay £102 a month. i had the sky man out the other day who confirmed this.

why am i being charged £130+.

Im not having it that is why i have made sure the bill that was due did not come out.

someone needs to ring me asap to sort this rubbish out

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Overcharged

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This might help to explain it:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged

It sounds like the minimum term on your package has come to and end so the discount you had has now finished. When you took this out you would have been told how long it was going to last for so now is the time to call Sky to see if they will offer you a further discount for the next 12/18 months if you agree to a new contract.

If you have a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk landline phone then you can call Sky for free via the 150 number. Or under "Need more help ?" at the bottom this page is the number to call:

https://www.sky.com/help

Just ignore the messages at the start of the call and remain on the line for as long as you can and don't hang up when asked to do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@tia+stapylton  No one will ring you, could a minimum term discount have ended? you would have been told at signup when this would end, sky don't currently send reminders

you would need to contact sky and negotiate lower price, if you receive an offer you find acceptable you must accept it there and then as you wont get the same offer next time you call, in return you will need to commit to a new 18 month minimum term contract

this link may also help

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged-bwm-t1#M1014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@tia+stapylton wrote:

Im not having it that is why i have made sure the bill that was due did not come out.

@tia+stapylton 

If by that you mean you've cancelled a payment, that isn't a wise move as it will have breached the terms and conditions you agreed to. Any attempt at contacting Sky should now result in you being asked to set up a continuous payment method. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@tia+stapylton wrote:

im suppose to pay £102 a month. i had the sky man out the other day who confirmed this.

why am i being charged £130+.

It's possibly because the bill is covering more than one month.  Either that or perhaps there are admin charges - check the itemised bill and see what's on there.

someone needs to ring me asap to sort this rubbish out

As above, not paying your bill is going to cause more issues.  You'll potentially attract late payment fees and your services will be restricted.

Best way is to pay what you owe and then discuss with Sky - they will not ring you.  If there is an error then they will fix and credit the mistake.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Shane192 This message was authored by: Shane192

I cancelled sports and movies last month. Sky are stealing money from my account by incorrectly charging me for services which I cancelled. And of course its impossibke to speak to anyone on the phone about it. I'm sure Sky would be quick to contact account holders if a bill wasn't paid. Where do I stand from here, future bills still show the overcharged rate. I received the email confirming the changes to my account/package. Sky have taken money from my account that was not theirs to take

Billing will continue right up to the day you leave so it is possible you will be billed after you have left Sky so is this what has happened ?

Bills are also created 14 days in advance so this will stop happen during your notice period.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Shane192 wrote:

I cancelled sports and movies last month. Sky are stealing money from my account by incorrectly charging me for services which I cancelled. And of course its impossibke to speak to anyone on the phone about it. I'm sure Sky would be quick to contact account holders if a bill wasn't paid. Where do I stand from here, future bills still show the overcharged rate. I received the email confirming the changes to my account/package. Sky have taken money from my account that was not theirs to take

31 days notice is required to cancel. The charge for sports and movies won't be removed from your future bills until the 31 days has ended.

As the next bill after you gave notice will be produced at some point during the 31 days notice period it will contain a charge for the next month for sports and movies. The overpayment will be refunded in your next bill. You won't end up paying more than you should.

No, I cancelled part of the package. Which should be reflected in the bill going forward and It isn't

When did you give notice to cancel part of your package, what date does it cancel and what date are you billed on each month ?

Thats all well and good that itl be taken off a future bill. My issue is that the 31days have passed, and i was overcharged the guts of €50. Now that may not be an issue to many, but when it bears consequence on ones ability yo lay other outgoings it is an issue! Also, future bills are showing the same overpayment. And also, sky were able to uodate my sky go, being unable to watch sports/movies on same with the error message saying uodate your subscription to watch but are still charging me for it

Bill date 16th. Notice 31 days prior

Then as we said previously the bill for this month would have been created around the 2nd which is why you will have to pay it. Going forward it should be removed so this is something to keep an eye on over the next few weeks and if it wrong you will need to speak to Sky Ireland to make sure it is actually cancelled from your account.

Why would I have to pay it? Why was the incorrect bill generated on the 2nd? It was cancelled 3 weeks before the 2nd. Why does it show my March bill as the same as this one?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

That's the way Sky billing works. It's pointless debating it here. Take it up directly with Sky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion