Discussion topic: Change of direct debit date

This message was authored by Chris+Biwman This message was authored by: Chris+Biwman

Change of direct debit date

I put back my debit date online which was accepted online on my account. Sky have threatened me with a £10 late payment charges as they didn't take it yesterday as they said they would. I have checked and yes my account has funds all day yesterday

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Change of direct debit date

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What does your bill say regarding yesterday's bill, does it say it is overdue or that it has been paid:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Chris+Biwman
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chris+Biwman This message was authored by: Chris+Biwman

The bill doesn't say it's over due.

It just says it's due 28th April which is yesterday.

There were funds in my account.

It's an email allegedly from sky saying my payment is overdue and threatening a £10 charge and possible disconnection

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Chris+Biwman  Can you post a screenshot of the bill ensuring you block out personal information such as account number 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Just leave things as are as the payment will not now be taken until Tuesday at the earliest due to the Bank Holiday weekend so all things being well it should be taken then or Wednesday. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Chris+Biwman
Topic Author

Screenshot_2023-04-29-17-06-46-39_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

@Chris+Biwman  How do you normally pay? Is it via direct debit or continuous card payment?

if yes something is amiss here, as I would fully expect to already see payment received with a - against the due amount if sky were already in the process of receiving payment but it appears that they are not ( @caesarome would you agree?)

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

Chris+Biwman
Topic Author

Direct debit

I just happened to change it to the 28 this month as my pay date was changing.

I did it online

@Chris+Biwman  ah , when did you change it and what was your previous due date , as changes don't normally take affect until the following month if they were made after the bill was generated which happens 14 days before 

Chris+Biwman
Topic Author

I was aware of that so I made sure I changed the date over 14 days before the bill was generated and the online system acknowledged the change

As I said previously I would leave it and see what happens after the holiday weekend as nothing will happen until Tuesday at the latest so if the payment is taken then it might be worth calling Sky to see what they say about it. I don't think changing the payment date has caused this because if you do change it to close to a billing date then it would not come into affect to the following months bill.

This message was authored by Ms2222 This message was authored by: Ms2222

Good luck with trying to change your direct debit date as I've asked them 3 times in the last week n each time I've been told it's changed but when I've checked it is still on the original date so blatant liars just to get you off the phone, next call will be to cancel package.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion