Discussion topic: COST AND CANCELLATION

This message was authored by Mark102 This message was authored by: Mark102

COST AND CANCELLATION

I have been a customer for 23 years and am currently facing a cost of £125 per month (no sports no cinema) Its time to cancel due to ridiculous costs for poor quality serive. The website refuses to allow me to change my email address, refuses to allow cancellation which is all in breach of ofcom rules. Sky believes it to be above the law and provides a rubbish service. Crazy that commited subscription is viewed less important than the constant contract change. No interest in loyalty puely subscription number based which is a flawed business model.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: COST AND CANCELLATION

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark102 

Why do you need to change your email address as I don't see how this is connected to cancelling ?

You might be able to use the messaging service online to cancel, if not you would need to call:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv

Select "No, I still need help" at the bottom of the page on the above link.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by NM5 This message was authored by: NM5

Phone them and ask for cancellation and negotiate a price

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark102 wrote:

The website refuses to allow me to change my email address, refuses to allow cancellation which is all in breach of ofcom rules. 

Ofcom does not require that service they regulate is cancellable online: I don't believe they have the power to do so.

The Competition and Markets Authority may make moves to this effect as a result of the Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Act which was passed just before the General Election.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion