Discussion topic: Account Restricted For No Reason

This message was authored by Gabrielle This message was authored by: Gabrielle

Account Restricted For No Reason

Hiya, 

I am looking at the upgrade options on my mobile account and tells me that my accounts restricted and to pay a bill but then takes me to the tv bill. Both bills are up to date as I have checked my account and all direct debits have came out and not due again for the next couple of days. Can someone help? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Account Restricted For No Reason

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's possible that the direct debit payment hasn't cleared into Sky's account yet.

I noticed the same error on my Sky account 2 days ago, which was the day the direct debit was scheduled to be taken. Suffice to say my services weren't restricted and the message actually disappeared a few hours later I'm guessing once the payment had been processed by Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I take it your mobile and TV services are working as normal and are not suspended ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

It's possible that the direct debit payment hasn't cleared into Sky's account yet.

I noticed the same error on my Sky account 2 days ago, which was the day the direct debit was scheduled to be taken. Suffice to say my services weren't restricted and the message actually disappeared a few hours later I'm guessing once the payment had been processed by Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Gabrielle
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gabrielle This message was authored by: Gabrielle

Yes tv & mobile both fine not restricted at all. 

the direct debit hasn't even been taken yet. Not due till the 21st & 27th. So it can't be cause it's not cleared yet. 

So the issue appears to be that is says restricted on your account only when you services are not ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Olivia+p This message was authored by: Olivia+p

Hi

my account is showing restricted, when it's not . All bills are paid every month by DD 

everything is working fine , sky say it's not restricted . Well it's showing that it is . I've got upgrades due, but it won't let me move forward , as it's restricted 

I have pressed the remove restricted button,then it says my account is not restricted . Go to order an upgrade , again your account is restricted . What's going on 

regards

olivia 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Olivia+p  Can you confirm that you can still physically use all your services and that it's just the webpages showing the restrictions messages 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Hi

i can use everything . Their is no reason I shouldn't be able to. My bills are paid every month . Sky are  say I'm not restricted!! Well according to my online account I am . Very strange 

Olivia 

@Olivia+p 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears by typing it it to start the chat:

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours. To start the conversation just type in it.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

Today 

I spent an hour on the phone to sky , after no call yesterday . I was told they are looking at the restricted service message , which they concur with me it's not restricted . We will call you back between 6 & 7 this evening . It's now 21.09 and no call to fix this problem . I spend a fortune with sky !!!! And they can't call me back after I don't an hour talking to them . Very un- happy sky customer 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Olivia+p wrote:

I spent an hour on the phone to sky , after no call yesterday .

@Olivia+p 

The Messaging Team don't call you. They've invited you to a private chat on here which should still be active so you can speak to them there. 

You should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Hi

sorry, I'm talking about when I called sky myself . As I didn't see the offer to a private chat !!! 
im not happy that I called sky and they told me they would call me back . 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Olivia+p 

The chat invite will be active until about 11am today and will close automatically if you don't engage in it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

You're not listening to me . I will call sky again 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion