Discussion topic: phone line fault

This message was authored by ian.moore14 This message was authored by: ian.moore14

phone line fault

We have a fault on our landline .  The handset is displaying  'No Line' and we have no dialing tone.  Outgoing calls are not possible and we are not receiving incoming calls.  It just rings continually for anyone trying to make a call to the number 

The broadband is working fine (we do not have Internet Calls).  We have gone through the Sky Help pages and followed guidance and the phone still doesnt work with/without the filter.  Please help me 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: phone line fault

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ian.moore14 
This troubleshooting link may help https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/fix-problems-with-your-phone/check-your-phone-line  if not already tried.
If that doesn’t help, post back on here and some of us here will be able to escalate your problem to Sky. If/when a fault is diagnosed Sky will pass it to Openreach to carry out the repair. Openreach normally aim to fix reported faults within 3-5 working days of being notified of them, but that could easily lengthen due to bad weather causing high demand.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
ian.moore14
Topic Author
This message was authored by ian.moore14 This message was authored by: ian.moore14

Hi Daniel0210

Yes I've followed the steps and it's still not working. Please can you escalate 

many thanks 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@ian.moore14 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and they may get in touch with you later about this.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to instigate the private chat or it will close automatically so don’t miss this opportunity. Please make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

This link explains how the Chat process works
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi ian.moore14

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
ian.moore14
Topic Author

@Tom-W19  My phone line is still not working. It's seems to be intermittent e.g. doesn't work during the day and then occasionally corrects itself on an evening. 

the phone at the moment says "no line" and there is no dial tone. 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there ian.moore14, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

@ian.moore14 
To hopefully get this resolved I’ve escalated your post to Sky again and they may get in touch with you later about this.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to instigate the private chat or it will close automatically so don’t miss this opportunity. Please make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

This link explains how the Chat process works
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001

@ian.moore14 

Both @Lisa-P1987 and I have re-escalated this for you which won't be a problem. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating, a new chat request has now been sent 🙂

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you @ian.moore14. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 

This message was authored by slopjockey This message was authored by: slopjockey

I have the same problem, did everything it asked put ona new phone changed the room as i have another phone in an other room still the same, no dial tone it says the same I cant ring out or in or use broadband

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there slopjockey, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  
Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation. 
Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you slopjockey. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion