Discussion topic: Dead phone Line

This message was authored by Linda2018 This message was authored by: Linda2018

Dead phone Line

Dead landline.  We have no dial tone on our landline.  Cannot make or receive calls.  I've switched the phone off and also disconnected from the socket but still not working.  Cannot contact Sky as my mobile is for texting only.  Need to know how I can contact them by email.  Thank you

Best Answers
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Re: Dead phone Line

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Linda2018 and line checks found faults, arranged for Openreach engineer to fix the issues

Thanks again for the escalation have a great weekend 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

See if you can run this line test to see if a fault is found outside of your property and if something is found you can book an engineer repair, ignore the fact it says it will test your broadband:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

You can also run this test via the MySky app.

Let us know how you get on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You can't report it by email. First try the connection test here,  even if your broadband is working ok. If no fault is detected we can alert the messaging team, if you wish, to enable you to report it to Sky.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

Linda2018
Topic Author
This message was authored by Linda2018 This message was authored by: Linda2018

Thanks for replying but it tells me that the line detector is not working at the moment and to either try again or call Sky.  Problem there is that I have not landline to call them and my mobile is texting only.  So what do you suggest I do now?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Linda2018 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Linda2018.

This message was authored by Jimmy+D This message was authored by: Jimmy+D

Hi, I had Sky fitted yesterday 17/3/23  (the landline number  was ported from Virgin) and the landline telephone is not working i..e I cannot make or receive calls on it. I have tested my connections and all is fine so just need advice on how to rectify the issue.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Jimmy+D if your Sky broadband Hub has a 'Voice' light which is lit, is your phone plugged into your Hub? It won't work from a wall socket.

This message was authored by Jimmy+D This message was authored by: Jimmy+D

Thank you all sorted!!

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Linda2018 and line checks found faults, arranged for Openreach engineer to fix the issues

Thanks again for the escalation have a great weekend 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion