Discussion topic: Screen does not support HDCP - HELP

This message was authored by Adam_L This message was authored by: Adam_L

Re: Screen does not support HDCP - HELP

Thank you for reaching out yesterday. As we discussed on the call a Samsung engineer was scheduled for today and we said we would follow up following that. 

They came and replaced the PCB and that fixed things. So it was a specific hardware failure on the 66inch Samsung (as delivered new). Both Sky and Samsung said there were no known compatibility issues (if that helps others who have similar issues). 

What I would note is that the Samsung help team were not helpful at all. They just followed a script and 'process' and ended up just saying it was an issue with Sky. I was lucky that I had 2 Sky boxes and 2 identical Samsung TV's (one being the 75 inch) that I could press them that this seemed unlikely. Eventually they sent a link to book a repair. This itself is not a very useful process. As you click through that process most roads lead to 'its not us its you' response! In the end, on about my 5th go, I just selected fault options in the drop downs that got me to the option of a repair being booked. At that point you can add information and it then goes to a non Samsung local repair agent. In fairness to them, Mint, they diagnosed it was a hardware failure and turned up and replaced the PCB board and that fixed it immediately. 

Hopefully that may help others. 

This message was authored by Razzadad This message was authored by: Razzadad

I've got a Philips ambilight tv, 1 yr old and now getting this same issue over the past couple of weeks . Have to unplug the sky q box and plug back in and it works. Tv software is up to date.

Doing my head in

This message was authored by The+Real+Taff This message was authored by: The+Real+Taff

Just had the very same issue.

LG TV & Sky Q (nstalled Mar 2023) - Engr used the original leads on the install not the new ones.

Yesterday evening I had the blue screen of doom with the message - thanks to this forum I saw the message ref switiching off at the mains so I switched both TV & Sky Q off at the sockets and unplugged both HDMI leads. Went out for a few hours and just left it. 

Switched both TV & Box back on and left them for 1/2hr, reconnected both HDMI leads and my Sky has been working ok since.

Thanks to the original poster for that tip as I am still waiting for Sky to reply some 12hrs later

This message was authored by Cheesy200 This message was authored by: Cheesy200

Hi glad it worked 

This message was authored by DebbiePeachey This message was authored by: DebbiePeachey

We have had the same issue for 4 weeks now. Had 3 new Sky boxes, 1 HD, 3 engineers visits who replaced all cables, even external, who then said it must be the TV. TV works perfectly fine when not connected to Sky. Contacted Samsung who reset all ports and many more troubleshooting but still it's a lottery as to whether it works or we get the blue screen. At an absolute loss as to what it is 🤷🏼‍♀️

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion