Discussion topic: Screen does not support HDCP - HELP

Arnie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Arnie This message was authored by: Arnie

Re: Screen does not support HDCP - HELP

No, not yet anyway. I've highlighted the problem on a Samsung forum support page and people have replied on that with the same issues. Some have raised the problem with Samsung however they appear not to be interested if the TV isn't covered under any specific warranties. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Poor

Panasonic have historically been great for after sales. My friend's son worked in their customer support a few years back.

This message was authored by JojoF This message was authored by: JojoF

We are having the exact same issue tonight.

However, we never had this issue with our Samsung TV, this is the first time it has happened  and it is with our fairly new (bought earlier in the year) Sony TV! 

This message was authored by Andie1982 This message was authored by: Andie1982

I find the issue is that sky does not like the firestick being in the TV. Remove the fire stick and there is no issue. It's a sky issue. I also have a Samsung TV but doubt this is the reason.

@Andie1982 wrote:

I find the issue is that sky does not like the firestick being in the TV. Remove the fire stick and there is no issue. It's a sky issue. I also have a Samsung TV but doubt this is the reason.

Really?? That's very odd. Maybe there's some decryption resource that gets overloaded or something weird.

This message was authored by rosscourtenay This message was authored by: rosscourtenay

I've just had this. I have a Sony A90J, bought this year for nearly £3k. Software fully updated. Anyone have any further information on this?

Arnie
Topic Author
This message was authored by Arnie This message was authored by: Arnie

Unfortunately I had to go order sky glass so I avoided any issues with a link from a Sky Q box to my TV. I couldn't ever resolve it and sky didn't want to help. 

This message was authored by Cheesy200 This message was authored by: Cheesy200

I found this from 2019 this has happened to me before and found this and done it again and my sky q working again nothing to do with your tvs 

Hello. So HDCP is a special protocol that Sky uses to ensure that the signal that the box is sending out to your TV doesn't get copied. Unfortunately, that can often cause unintended issues. The first thing to try is to do an HDMI reset. That is done by following the steps below:

Turn off both the TV and the SKY box. Unplug both from power. Then disconnect all HDMI cables in the TV and in the SKY box. Leave it for about 5 minutes.

Plug the TV back into power and turn it on with everything still disconnected and leave it on for a minute. Then power the TV off. Then connect only the SKY box to the TV with the HDMI cable. Then turn on the TV and the SKY box, and see if the issue is still there.

If it is still happening, then try a different HDMI cable.

This message was authored by Shamrocka330 This message was authored by: Shamrocka330

This worked perfectly, thank you!

This message was authored by SteveMac96 This message was authored by: SteveMac96

I have the not supported HDCP error message!

Has anybody been told how to rectify this issue? It says on the virtual assistant to navigate to the Home Screen !! HOW the screen doesn't show !! Or is this SKY's way off getting us all on to SKY glass!!!

sky pull your finger out and solve the issue please!!

Re: I have the not supported HDCP error message!

Too many exclamation marks to process

Usually a duff cable causing a problem with clean data transmission. Sometimes a TV fault I think I've seen on here.

This message was authored by SteveMac96 This message was authored by: SteveMac96

My tv is a Toshiba one ! Can anyone help as it's not working 

What's that mean to many exclamation marks? Are you really not a Sky employee? 
It's worked fine for years, I've tried another hdmi cable I even moved the Sky mini and plugged that in, it worked for about 4 minutes, so is it a Sky problem that they're keeping schtum about 

I mean I found your demanding writing style annoying on a forum where people help other customers voluntarily. If I was a Sky employee I doubt I'd have been so blunt about it. I get that you're annoyed. We all get annoying problems, that's how we end up here. It might be the box but it seems less likely. Wouldn't rule it out.

So the mini worked for 4 minutes then gave the same error? I assume the mini works on the TV it's normally on?

Any way to try the Q on another TV? A small one you can move maybe?

Well seeing as this is a Sky forum I'd presume Sky did watch what's being said about their products hence the ! ( is one ok?) 

yes the mini works on the other tv so it may well be the tv that's at fault.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion