Discussion topic: Screen does not support HDCP - HELP

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Screen does not support HDCP - HELP

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveMac96 wrote:

My tv is a Toshiba one ! Can anyone help as it's not working 

@SteveMac96 deo you get any error messages on screen ?

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by SteveMac96 This message was authored by: SteveMac96

Re: I have the not supported HDCP error message!

Just plugged my laptop into the tv using the hdmi cable I use on both sky boxes and it works no issue, I've just plugged the mini back into the other tv and it works. So is it the sky box ? 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

One is just perfect 😉

They will get involved if someone escalates a problem because it's new/ unique and we all have no clue but they don't proactively read every thread.

It might be that a TV firmware update can help but also worth contacting the manufacturer. From memory, I think LG for example have provided repairs/fixes for similar issues.

Oh and funnily enough my wife used to work for Toshiba - they still have a much diminished UK business (nostalgia for their brilliant laptops from the 90s which they couldn't manufacture fast enough for the demand) but they sold the TV brand to another white labelling company a few years back so you may not find them as responsive as LG but certainly worth a try.

This message was authored by SteveMac96 This message was authored by: SteveMac96

Thanks for the replies Chodley, if I've come across as a bit highly miffed off I do apologise to you.

im definitely thinking it's the tv as I've plugged an Amazon fire stick in and that's not working, I've been into the settings and the last update it had was 07/07/2021 according to the tv, how would I go about a firmware update 

This message was authored by Cheesy200 This message was authored by: Cheesy200

What error message are you getting on your tv steve 

Latest update, I've been in touch with Costco where the tv was bought from, they have given me a number to ring after resetting to

dactory default it's only working now, might be worth resetting your tv's to factory defaults.

mine is the Toshiba 

@SteveMac96 wrote:

Thanks for the replies Chodley, if I've come across as a bit highly miffed off I do apologise to you.

im definitely thinking it's the tv as I've plugged an Amazon fire stick in and that's not working, I've been into the settings and the last update it had was 07/07/2021 according to the tv, how would I go about a firmware update 

Normally there will be a "system" or similar option in the TV's menu with an option to search for updates to firmware, as long as it has wifi connectivity.

Older TVs with no online capability sometimes allowed it with a USB stick you would download the update from the manufacturers site on a PC first.

This message was authored by Adam_L This message was authored by: Adam_L

Any updates on this? 

I have purchased a Samsung QE65S95C and also the 75 inch version. I have 2 sky stream pucks also new. The 65 inch will show all the sky menus and TV guides etc as it should but not play any content. The screen just remains black. I believe it is a similar HDCP issue. 

The 77 inch works fine. I have tried both sky streams on both TV's and both work on the 77 and neither on the 65. Swapped the cables. Reset the TV and Stream but nothing gets content actually playing on the 65. 

Samsung say it is a Sky issue, but that's nothing more than a knee jerk not my problem response from the terrible Samsung customer support. 

I have set the sky output to 1080p and lower resolutions and the menus are fine but no content will play. When I try selecting 2160p on sky it won't let me with the error UH011 my TV does not support Ultra HD. 

Any thoughts or ideas here? Seems like a specific Samsung and Sky compatibility issue and maybe one that is unsolvable. 

Both TVs on the same software version?

Yes 1310 on both. 

Long shot but tried different cables?

Yes. Two sky cables as I have 2 sky streams. All combinations work on the 77 inch. 

I am unsure if it's a failure on the 65 inch of hardware or if it's a specific comparability with the stream in the 65 inch. 

@Adam_L Very unusual. I've escalated this. Look out for a coloured chat bubble.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Adam_L an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion