Discussion topic: I can’t get the sky remote to operate the tv volume

This message was authored by Sam2020 This message was authored by: Sam2020

I can’t get the sky remote to operate the tv volume

Hi

my sky remotes do not operate the tv volume any longer. I have tried to reprogram them but it doesn't seem to work. My main sky box is okay but neither of the sky q mini boxes will work. I believe there is some sort of update required?

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: I can’t get the sky remote to operate the tv volume

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sam2020 wrote:

Hi

my sky remotes do not operate the tv volume any longer. I have tried to reprogram them but it doesn't seem to work. My main sky box is okay but neither of the sky q mini boxes will work. I believe there is some sort of update required?

Hi @Sam2020 

When you press 1 & 3 together you must make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box (not the TV).

Try completly resetting your mini Bluetooth remotes.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Doubt it

So they worked with these TVs before? What are they?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Sam2020 wrote:

Hi

Hi @Sam2020 

When you press 1 & 3 together you must make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box (not the TV).

Try completly resetting your mini Bluetooth remotes.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion