Discussion topic: Daily problems with Skyq

This message was authored by NikkiA This message was authored by: NikkiA

Daily problems with Skyq

I moved into a bigger house in October (not sure if this is relevant) and I have a main box and 4 mini boxes. The house I now live in doesn't have fibre broadband so I was told I needed to have Sky super fast and that this would be sufficient for running Sky q, working from home etc.

Since we moved in we have had no end of issues with the sky q system (worked fine at old house). Upstairs is the worst and it has got to a point where, for the last few days, our mini boxes are freezing on a daily basis. The boxes either have no connection to the main box, lose broadband connection or just won't load any channels or pictures. 

I've had an engineer out who installed a booster. He said the WiFi signal was really good across the house but it's just getting worse and I'm getting really fed up of having to try and reset boxes on a daily basis. I'm also sick of having to watch TV on my phone. 

Any ideas or do I just need to push for an engineer again? Main problem is that the problems are worse at night when I can't have an engineer out.

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Daily problems with Skyq

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @NikkiA , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion