Discussion topic: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

This message was authored by Paul+R86 This message was authored by: Paul+R86

Re: Sky Go stopped working on Xbox

Hi,

I've been experiencing the same issue, tried to sign in to the new updated Sky Go app and get the error "you can't use sky go OK this device yet, you'll need a Sky Q Multiscreen,Sky glass whole home or Sky go extra subscription to access Sky Go on this device." 

Not sure why this is happening as I've had Sky player on my Xbox for years, my account is silver for 22 years. 

Trying to contact Sky with no luck.

Any fixes for this?

16816631690721567138262950636431.jpg

Thanks, 

Paul

This message was authored by lilley1970 This message was authored by: lilley1970

Re: Sky Go stopped working on my Xbox one.

Still waiting for my chat invite @Greenfingers001 

This message was authored by weeannie2012 This message was authored by: weeannie2012

Re: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

Yes have those 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@weeannie2012 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Wassy This message was authored by: Wassy

@stereohaven wrote:

@Wassy wrote:

Skygo was checked out by someone else who has BT broadband and there's is not affected at all. It appears to me it is a Sky broadband issue.

The Father in Law has Sky Broadband, Sky Go doesn't work, I have BT Broadband and it does for me, but I can assure you, as mentioned earlier in the thread, this is a Sky account issue relating to Sky Go Extra and has nothing to do with broadband provider.

When checking with Sky yesterday Sky confirmed that my parents have Sky Go Extra as my parents have Sky Q Multiroom. I can access SkyGo on my Xbox just have to connect my Xbox to my phone for Internet, login to SkyGo then plug my Internet cable back in my router then I'm fine. It's just not letting me login initially with my Broadband.

Same when logging in to my own personal account either via My Sky app and Sky online. My Sky  broadband denies me access to login but am fine when using my mobile Internet.

Sorry if sounding argumentative.

It's just my Sky broadband which causing this problem for me.

I do appreciate the replies.

This message was authored by Thommo54 This message was authored by: Thommo54

I think this is a money grab folks. There is no way sky allowed a glitch for millions of people for years and didn't know about it! When you log on it tells you what device and when it was last used.

They figure they can squeeze more money from people who have kids using sky go on consoles. I'm vip user for 23 years paying close to 100 quid a month. I will be cutting my services way down after this. Hopefully if people make enough noise they will reconsider.

This message was authored by Wassy This message was authored by: Wassy

Morning.

For the 1st time SkyGo has worked on my Xbox 1 X via my Sky Broadband.

Maybe luck but it does appear to be working again

This message was authored by AlfRom This message was authored by: AlfRom

@Thommo54 wrote:

I think this is a money grab folks. There is no way sky allowed a glitch for millions of people for years and didn't know about it! When you log on it tells you what device and when it was last used.

They figure they can squeeze more money from people who have kids using sky go on consoles. I'm vip user for 23 years paying close to 100 quid a month. I will be cutting my services way down after this. Hopefully if people make enough noise they will reconsider.

Agreed.

similar for us. We have been with Sky for over 23 years now and this is a really strange way to treat a loyal customer mid contract... if no solution can be found I will be doing the same and cutting back. 

This message was authored by steven1981 This message was authored by: steven1981

Agreed, I pay the same and am VIP after 20 odd years. 

Some services will be chopped off to reduce my bill soon. 

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you all for your messages re: the upgrade message you are seeing. 

We have forwarded the details and feedback to the correct team and I'll share a reply once we know more.

Clare

Sky Community Team 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Leej101 This message was authored by: Leej101

Why won’t my sky work on my Xbox series x ?

Why won't my sky work on my Xbox series x now ? When it always has done before ? 

This message was authored by Harrisd21 This message was authored by: Harrisd21

Same issue, any resolution yet? Already been a week

This message was authored by Nstew This message was authored by: Nstew

SkyGo app not working

I have had the same repeated issues for years now. I get an error code when loading the app on my windows laptop. Then the app closes before loading anything else.
It works peridocially but then always goes back to same error issues. 
Any help would be great

This message was authored by Jackallo97 This message was authored by: Jackallo97

Please can you help set my account back up? Same issue 

This message was authored by Beefcake1 This message was authored by: Beefcake1

I'm a sky VIP as well but the sky Go app no longer works on our Xbox series X, was fine last weekend and then today, nothing!

Please can you help sort this out? I pay a huge amount of money for this service.

Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion