Discussion topic: Sky Go Playstation 4 Subtitles?

This message was authored by emilyhhhh This message was authored by: emilyhhhh

Sky Go Playstation 4 Subtitles?

I can't find where you can turn on subtitles on the PS4 app? The show I'm trying to watch has subtitles if I use it on my phone or laptop but there's no speech 'bubble' popping up on the PS4 version. I've tried doing the closed captions thing on the actual playstation settings but that doesn't work either. 

Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sky Go Playstation 4 Subtitles?

Posted by a Sky employee

If you press the Pause or info button on your PS4 controller, a info bar should pop up. 
If there is a speech bubble icon, you can turn this on to enable subtitles. 
if there is no speech bubble icon then that show does not have subtitles enabled for the TV from Sky app on games consoles. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Kimbosauce This message was authored by: Kimbosauce

This does not work at all, you press the options button and nothing happens, you press the PlayStation but it brings up main menu of ps4, you press share button it brings up share screen and if you press map inventory nothing happens, so everything you put is a lie. So how do you actually put subtitles on or can't you which is just another floor is skys poor design

emilyhhhh
Topic Author
This message was authored by emilyhhhh This message was authored by: emilyhhhh

Just wanted to let you know I never figured out how to and confirm the solution above is trash. Subtitles are definitely enabled on other devices but not the PS4 so I think Sky just don't do them which is really annoying. 

This message was authored by Labsky60 This message was authored by: Labsky60

Since this was never resolved from what I can see, research, read, and try to workout myself - I find it disgusting that there is still no option for subtitles or closed captions for the sky go app on PlayStation.

Its 2022, and from what I can tell, literally all (and let's not mention far cheaper, but I will) mainstream streaming apps and services have an easily accessible, toggled and usable subtitles option. 

You're marginalising the audibly impaired - basically catering solely to the fully-abled. Both of which are paying patreons to your "service"

Sky, sort it out. Every other platform has the means to toggle subtitles of some form - what's your excuse? 

This message was authored by MartParper This message was authored by: MartParper

Hey. Just an update. It's 2023 and there's still no subs on the Ps4. 

This message was authored by Andrew+00 This message was authored by: Andrew+00

Hi.  If you press the X button on the PS4 controller, the progarrme you are watching will pause.  You should see the word 'subtitles' displayed on the screen.  If you then press the up button on the contoller, you should be able to 'select to pick subtites' by pressing the X button again.  I don't know if it works on all programmes, but it works on the film called 'No Hard Feelings' because I am watching it right now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion