Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Cam4 This message was authored by: Cam4

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

@PhilHampson-Sky wrote:

Wow ! Currently we have match choise from 4 different tournaments; Doha, Rotterdam, Delray Beach & Buenos Aires - that's pretty impressive - just need to get the On Demand sorted now to get more and faster.

+1 Get on demand sorted.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

how do you see the on demand tennis @Cam4 

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

@prb60 totally agree. I am using NOW as I don't have Sky ( I ditched it after the awful US Open coverage). I logged on last night to find for WTA Doha an Emma Raducanu match and two other "best of" day one matches. Who decides what matches are the best? Also day one was on Sunday so where were Monday's matches?

Not all of us can watch live, we rely on the on demand to follow our favourite players. This is so poor from Sky for a much more expensive service! 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

how do you see the on demand tennis @Cam4 

I don't have Sky so am using Now.

From opening the app, I select Sport along the top menu and then I select Tennis under Sports (about 4 rows down) and you can see the on demand labelled as "Tennis Catch Up"

@RichAA1 wrote:

@prb60 totally agree. I am using NOW as I don't have Sky ( I ditched it after the awful US Open coverage). I logged on last night to find for WTA Doha an Emma Raducanu match and two other "best of" day one matches. Who decides what matches are the best? Also day one was on Sunday so where were Monday's matches?

Not all of us can watch live, we rely on the on demand to follow our favourite players. This is so poor from Sky for a much more expensive service! 

The Dimitrov Versus Humbert finals for the Marseilles open which I really wanted to catchup on was played Sunday 14:00.  The on demand wasn't available until Monday evening. 

Raducanu played yesterday (Monday) about noon and her match was made available by the evening.

Go figure.

This message was authored by Deedeecoffdrops This message was authored by: Deedeecoffdrops

Am thinking of getting Now TV for the tennis, but being put off...

So, by your comment are you saying they are offering multiple viewing options to select which live match you want to watch?

This message was authored by jujuge This message was authored by: jujuge

@RichAA1  @prb60 

Totally agree.

Tennistv provides all needed. Sky could have gone in with them, added the WTA to it, and found some way to access it from older equipment.

They are trying to fit a round peg in a square hole at the moment.

@Deedeecoffdrops wrote:

Am thinking of getting Now TV for the tennis, but being put off...

So, by your comment are you saying they are offering multiple viewing options to select which live match you want to watch?

Not sure who you are asking but yes thats what Now TV offers.

Annoyingly they call it Bonus Streams - it's more like what we paid for so don't present it as something extra.

This message was authored by Deedeecoffdrops This message was authored by: Deedeecoffdrops

@Cam4

Yes, thanks Cam (new to this-came on to find out about live streams on Now TV).

OK, if that's the case, might bite the bullet. 

Can you confirm one more time that there are different live matches to stream from the Now TV app? It's like Prime?

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@Deedeecoffdrops 

Yes, on NOW, I can see the Bonus streams are listed, different courts from Doha, Rotterdam etc. Eg Centre Court, Court 1, Grandstand etc. I assume it will tell you who is playing when play commences and scores no doubt. You won't be able to watch from start like Prime.

On demand is so poor. There is now one match that has been added from day two ie yesterday. Where are the others? With Prime they were available same day. Raducanu match from yesterday was available last night so it is possible. This is awful. I will be writing to WTA

This message was authored by tennisfan This message was authored by: tennisfan

NOW says it will show Centre court and Rotterdam from 10 am and Grandstand 1 and Gandstand 2 from Doha at 11 am.

Argentina Open Centre Court from  4.30pm and Delray Open, Stadium court from 6pm.

If it's catch up your after, it's showing 4 matches from yesterday from Doha at the moment. None from the other tournaments yet because it takes them that long to put them on and those tournaments started later.

The good thing about NOW for me compared to Sky (though I've never been a Sky subscriber) is that you can take it on a rolling basis and cancel it. I bought Tennis TV at the start of the year when I knew it was going to Sky and knew I couldn't afford it. That's  better but ATP only of course. I got that then for a £100for 13 months. You can buy monthly though. I'll only buy NOW when there's a women's tournament I want to watch.

This message was authored by MaccyD221 This message was authored by: MaccyD221

Sky Sports Tennis is HD in UK but SD/HD in ROI

Hey @FP1997 @Chloe-W22 how come Sky Sports Tennis is HD only in the UK but has SD/HD in Ireland?

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect topic more.

KBurrows

@Deedeecoffdrops wrote:

@Cam4

Yes, thanks Cam (new to this-came on to find out about live streams on Now TV).

OK, if that's the case, might bite the bullet. 

Can you confirm one more time that there are different live matches to stream from the Now TV app? It's like Prime?

yes but Sky orders it by court rather than by match

IMG-6794

This message was authored by james1867 This message was authored by: james1867

Hello

Is anybody having difficulty accessing the Coric v Bublik match on the Sky Sports app?
Not available for me.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@james1867 

I get "Coverage has ended on this stream".

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion