Discussion topic: Sky sports golf coverage.

This message was authored by DCOOKE1964 This message was authored by: DCOOKE1964

Re: Sky sports golf coverage.

Looking forward to 2 days of Tiger nurturing his 24 handicap then we can get on with the US Open!

This message was authored by Christophergolfer This message was authored by: Christophergolfer

I might watch Saturday and Sunday just to make sure I miss him. Then again what about replays. Record on the sky a and then I can skip at my leisure 

This message was authored by Grayogre This message was authored by: Grayogre

Sky Sports have just announced that Woods will not play in the US Open again. I for one am glad about this. I would rather remember the brilliant golfer he was than the plodding shadow he has become, and skysports commentators dont help by building him up before every tournament he is in. Great memories, but yes its time to go Tiger.

This message was authored by Sportswatcher This message was authored by: Sportswatcher

Why do Sky use these female commentators who just stand there & talk dribble, while there is plenty of golf being played on the course that isn't being showed. Just watched some woman explaining how to breathe.  What is this supposed to be, golf coverage or a spa wellbeing course. This coverage isn't of a competition, its all about filling in excessive US add breaks with garbage. 

Come on Sky, surely you can do better than this.  

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sportswatcher wrote:

Why do Sky use these female commentators who just stand there & talk dribble, while there is plenty of golf being played on the course that isn't being showed. Just watched some woman explaining how to breathe.  What is this supposed to be, golf coverage or a spa wellbeing course. This coverage isn't of a competition, its all about filling in excessive US add breaks with garbage. 

Come on Sky, surely you can do better than this.  

Breathing exercises are important in all facets of life..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Nick1954 This message was authored by: Nick1954

I couldn't agree more with the previous comment. Why oh why have SKY got Henni Koykak, with a slow dreary tone of voice,  what does she bring to the party?

she states the obvious, just what is her golfing pedigree?

This message was authored by Sportswatcher This message was authored by: Sportswatcher

Unfortunately SKY just seem to think they need to to add females to their commentating teams, even when they really should just focus of the best commentators for the sport being covered. How many guys do you see males commentating on Netball.

Nobody's saying we should stop breathing. Most of us have been doing it for years without training.   

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nick1954 wrote:

just what is her golfing pedigree?

Henrietta "Henni" Koyack (née  Brockway and Zuël is an English professional golfer  and the youngest ever player to join the Ladies European Tour  as an amateur. She was a nominee for Britain's Best Awards for Home Grown Talent and entered the professional Ladies European Tour  after turning pro in 2008.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henni_Zuel 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Karendf This message was authored by: Karendf

Coverage of US open golf is appalling. More analysis than golf. What are we paying for?

The sky coverage of US Open is appalling. There is far too much analysis and aerial shots and old interviews when we want to see the golf! 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Coverage of US open golf is appalling. More analysis than golf. What are we paying for?

@Karendf 

I've moved your post into thread already discussing golf coverage. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Sportswatcher wrote:

Unfortunately SKY just seem to think they need to to add females to their commentating teams, even when they really should just focus of the best commentators for the sport being covered. How many guys do you see males commentating on Netball.

You do realsie that professional golf is both a men's and women's game, so there is plenty of golf knowledge and insight available from both the male and female perspective on the game.

As with other sports like football and cricket, there is absolutely no reason why male and female analysts and commentators cannot be part of a broadcasting team for both male and female competitions.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Coverage of US open golf is appalling. More analysis than golf. What are we paying for?

@Karendf wrote:

The sky coverage of US Open is appalling. There is far too much analysis and aerial shots and old interviews when we want to see the golf! 

Sky would be taking the feed from the host broadcasters so wouldn't actually control what pictures they are seeing from the course. 

The only content they could control are their own commentators, analysts and in-studio segments done by the Sky presentation team.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by IanStewart This message was authored by: IanStewart

golf coverage.

How much nicer to have Henni on the golf coverage at US Open, instead of the cliche ridden diatribe spouted by Nick Dougherty

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: golf coverage.

@IanStewart wrote:

How much nicer to have Henni on the golf coverage at US Open, instead of the cliche ridden diatribe spouted by Nick Dougherty

Hard to disagree with that @IanStewart , but these days just remain calm and accept what is.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion