Discussion topic: Sky sports golf coverage.

This message was authored by Penelope2 This message was authored by: Penelope2

Re: Sky sports golf coverage.

Truly dreadful coverage.  To much time watching practice shots of principals.  To many recaps.  Not enough on course coverage.  Too many ads.  Awful graphics.  Obsession with de Chambeau.  

This message was authored by DCOOKE1964 This message was authored by: DCOOKE1964

Lets face it.  Sports Presenters and Pundits are chosen as a 'box ticking' exercise. Whether they are any good or not is no longer important. 

This message was authored by BobforAlba This message was authored by: BobforAlba

Richard Boxhall is appalling in commentary on the Open Golf. Sky Ports Golf presenters are very knowledgeable and engaging, but Boxhall is all about trivia and who he's met, where he's played and nonsense comments. His stint this morning on the opening day was far too long. Please get him a one way taxi out of Scotland 

This message was authored by Nick1954 This message was authored by: Nick1954

Mmm, I think that's a bit harsh on Richard . My main beef is the time out from actually watching golf, these unnecessary breaks to the practice ground, inane interviews after a round, questions getting the blindingly obvious anwers. Not sure how some of those on the team got their jobs.

This message was authored by Beeftec This message was authored by: Beeftec

I'm enjoying the comments on what I think might be my original thread complaining about sky sports coverage.  The Open coverage is a little better, I suspect Sky have  more control being the host broadcaster.  I understand that  everyone has their favourite commentators, so fair play.  My beef for today is .....  and normally this issue is directed at the USA broadcaster but ....  why are Sky showing every single shot by Tiger ?   I accept that he is the GOAT but sky are embarrassing him by showing all his shots.  He's +15, they should let him fade gracefully into the background.  🙂

This message was authored by BobforAlba This message was authored by: BobforAlba

Not by this mornings effort, Boxhall just witters on even his co presenters sounded exasperated with his drivel this morning. I really enjoy the banter between the presenters but Boxhall doesn't know when to be quiet and focus on the golf.

Anyway, going to Troon on Sunday for the final round so will only have to suffer one more morning of him during this tournament 

This message was authored by DCOOKE1964 This message was authored by: DCOOKE1964

Trying to enjoy an afternoon of adverts and every so often they keep putting a couple of golf shots inbetween.  Very annoying!! 

This message was authored by Woodygsy This message was authored by: Woodygsy

As many have said, there is not enough golf shown. This evening for about 15 or 20 minutes we had to listen to this Smiley bloke talk to Denny McCarthy while sitting at a bar and basically trying to amuse us with banter. We want golf, not amateur funny men. This just gets worse and worse.

This message was authored by Beeftec This message was authored by: Beeftec

Hi Woodygsy

good point again.  Whilst Smiley Kaufman is a quite a funny podcaster and it's nice to hear a bit of craic and banter from the players ----  it's just another example of them showing us "any else but the golf".    (which we pay to watch).   :-).       I would never go to LIV golf but I hear their coverage is good.   I'll never know cos I'll never go there (unless they offer me $20 mill)  but Sky and NBC are at risk of loosing us.  !    

This message was authored by m4rtymcf1y This message was authored by: m4rtymcf1y

I cannot understand Andrew Coltart!, I get that he`s got a very strong Scottish accent but the speed at which he tries to fire out words is ridiculous,all in one breath i might add. Ewen Murray is Scottish but obviously does not possess such a strong accent & paces his commentary perfectly,why can he not learn from him.We cannot see you therfore we cannot see your lips move so we rely completely on commentators concentrating on delivering speech correctly & at the right speed,(not atough job is it)

+I have subscribed to SKY SPORTS for 30+years(yes since the beginning)so i`ve listened to a LOT of Golf coverage, but this is getting beyond the pale now & am thinking twice more than i ever have!!!!There are golf fans outside of Scotland too SKY!!

Dame Laura, Trish Johnson, Nick Doughty, David Howell,. There are golf fans outside of Englandshire you know!!

This message was authored by m4rtymcf1y This message was authored by: m4rtymcf1y

Read my post correctly & try to not reply so fast & emotionally.I have no problem with the Scottish it`s just Mr.Coltart`s accent,i never said that is there no English commentators did i @BobforAlba 

I did read your post correctly and considered my response carefully. Sky golf coverage generally is very good, and the commentary and contributions from the team knowledgeable, informative and enjoyable. There are exceptions, Rob Lee  is obsessed with the prize money and the English players on the tour, and Richard Boxall is awful, loses focus and witters on and on about where he has visited and who he has spoken to, he would be a better fit for the pit lane on F1.

I am pleased to read that you have no problem with the Scottish, I have no problem with the English, its poor presentation that I dislike.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Your best place for your comments on the golf coverage to be noted by Sky is to send an email to the Sky Viewer relations team;
ViewerR@sky.uk

They do respond to emails with any updates for your queries or problems and do pass comments on to the relevant Sky teams.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Many thanks for that helpful reply!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion