Discussion topic: Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

I agree it's misleading 

Universal Pictures UK releases premiere on Sky Cinema, there is 4 this month, Ticket To Paradise, Mrs Harris Goes To Paris,  Vengeance, Halloween Ends 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If websites are giving out incorrect information on these things, I'd suggest complaining to the website.

Sometimes these websites assume peacock is the same content everywhere. It isn't. 

Sky isn't responsible for what third party websites say about what should be on sky or any brands on sky.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@The+Fella wrote:

Various sites have been saying that M3GAN will be streaming in the UK on Peacock.

It is misleading that it must be referring to Peacock US, which we don't have access to.

Certainly, but Sky, Comcast and NBCU aren't responsible for bad reporting by 'various sites'

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@nolte wrote:

Sometimes these websites assume peacock is the same content everywhere. It isn't. 

And if it's a US-based site, the assumption is often that Peacock (US) is the only Peacock....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism 

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/all-episodes-of-rian-johnson-s-poker-face-starring-natasha-lyonne-a...

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Plektrum wrote:

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/all-episodes-of-rian-johnson-s-poker-face-starring-natasha-lyonne-a...

I can highly recommend this show - I watched it all on Peacock USA a few months back. Brilliant writing, superb cast and genuinely engaging each week. 

It was shown in 4K with HDR on Peacock so hopefully Sky will offer similar as it's also beautifully shot and graded. 

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Plektrum wrote:

I can highly recommend this show - I watched it all on Peacock USA a few months back. Brilliant writing, superb cast and genuinely engaging each week. 

It was shown in 4K with HDR on Peacock so hopefully Sky will offer similar as it's also beautifully shot and graded. 

@SlenderRobert Have you watched Natasha Lyonne's other recent show, Russian Doll on Netflix? That's another very good series.

Can I ask, how are you accessing Peacock USA? Also, any idea of the chances Sky will be showing it?

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@merv60 wrote:

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Plektrum wrote:

@SlenderRobert Have you watched Natasha Lyonne's other recent show, Russian Doll on Netflix? That's another very good series.

Can I ask, how are you accessing Peacock USA? Also, any idea of the chances Sky will be showing it?

See the Sky link in the post above, It will be in available in full from 26th May.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@merv60 wrote:

@SlenderRobert wrote:

@Plektrum wrote:

I did see Russian Doll - also very good, but I think Poker Face was better. 

I'm not allowed to talk about accessing Peacock USA on here. Sky don't like it. 😁

Sky are dropping all episodes on May 26th in the UK so not too long to wait for it. 

Enjoy!

Will be interesting to see if Sky acquire other Peacock Originals (not just the Universal ones) going forward

@Timelord2018 wrote:

Will be interesting to see if Sky acquire other Peacock Originals (not just the Universal ones) going forward

Indeed. Mrs Davis is another they should probably grab. It's properly bonkers, especially the first ep, but really well done and very different to a lot of the other dross out there. It's great that there are more 'out there' risky dramas like this being made, but they need to get an audience. 

At least the Radio Times are arguably more accurate than some when saying NBC Universal streaming service is only available to US viewers  , i myself question how many are aware in the UK , Peacock is anything to do with NBC and Universal, not good idea to use a name that really Americans would know what it means.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/based-on-a-true-story-watch-uk/

@Timelord2018 wrote:

At least the Radio Times are arguably more accurate than some when saying NBC Universal streaming service is only available to US viewers  , i myself question how many are aware in the UK , Peacock is anything to do with NBC and Universal, not good idea to use a name that really Americans would know what it means.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/based-on-a-true-story-watch-uk/

It's odd that the Radio Times (a UK publication) even bother mentioning it when they know that it's not yet available in the UK. 

I watched the first episode of Based On A True Story at the weekend and it's very good - very much in the vein of Kaley Cuoco's earlier series The Flight Attendant so it would fit well on Sky Max. It's a clever premise and has the right balance of daftness and drama. It's surprisingly gory in places and a bit sweary but very enjoyable. We'll be watching the rest of it. 

Hopefully Sky will get the rights to it at some point. 

@SlenderRobert wrote:

It's odd that the Radio Times (a UK publication) even bother mentioning it when they know that it's not yet available in the UK. 

Sadly typical of online space-filler articles.  It's frankly astonishing that the dead tree version still exists though ; )

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

@TimmyBGood Good Luck highlighting the digital version every Christmas. Marker pen everywhere 😉

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion