Discussion topic: Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

This message was authored by ash+86 This message was authored by: ash+86

Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

Since the launch in 2021 , Peacock app via sky has been terrible for content. The films are a  random collection that can be found on other streaming services - there's nothing new in terms of shows. The only one that got much publicity was the Fresh Prince remake . Whereas I see that Peacock in the states gets a load of new content and shows . As of Jan 1st 2023 there seems to be  shows disappearing, the films section has completely been erased and the remaining content can be found on the standard Sky on demand options. Are we getting an update, is the app being phased out - is there a dispute with rights ?  I feel like it's just there on the sky planner but a waste. 

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Phased out looks like

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@ash+86 wrote:

Since the launch in 2021 , Peacock app via sky has been terrible for content. The films are a  random collection that can be found on other streaming services - there's nothing new in terms of shows. The only one that got much publicity was the Fresh Prince remake . Whereas I see that Peacock in the states gets a load of new content and shows . As of Jan 1st 2023 there seems to be  shows disappearing, the films section has completely been erased and the remaining content can be found on the standard Sky on demand options. Are we getting an update, is the app being phased out - is there a dispute with rights ?  I feel like it's just there on the sky planner but a waste. 

No , Sky and Peacock a division of NBCUniversal are both owned by Comcast.

I think Comcast have realised Peacock simply work doesn't work as brand in the UK alongside Sky portfolio, they should have known that before launch anyway 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Honestly it's a bit confusing, you see here people asking why can't they find this show/film/football match etc when it's not on peacock here, but in the USA.

We saw it before Christmas with "the best man: the final chapters", we'll see it again this week with the American version of "the traitors" 

The uk version wasn't intended to be the full version, it hoped to just keep customers by offering stuff not on stations that they broadcast on other services

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ash+86 @nolte @Timelord2018 

To me it looks like corporate executives scrabbling around for 'synergies' stemming from the acquisition rather than a particularly well thought-out strategy: remember that Comcast now think they overpaid quite considerably for Sky (although to be fair they probably couldn't have been expected to factor in a European war)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/comcast-takes-8-6-billion-write-down-on-sky 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@nolte wrote:

Honestly it's a bit confusing, you see here people asking why can't they find this show/film/football match etc when it's not on peacock here, but in the USA.

We saw it before Christmas with "the best man: the final chapters", we'll see it again this week with the American version of "the traitors" 

The uk version wasn't intended to be the full version, it hoped to just keep customers by offering stuff not on stations that they broadcast on other services

Doesn't help you get incorrect articles like this

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/gadgets-tech/television/the-traitors-us-series-stream-...

Looks American version of The Traitors is set to be acquired by BBC  from All3Media 

https://variety.com/2023/tv/global/traitors-us-peacock-bbc-where-to-watch-uk-1235483620/

I even read a article back in November that gave the impression Nope is now on Peacock UK , it will be coming to Sky Cinema in March.

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

Peacock tv On sky Q

What has happened to  Peacock tv on sky Q theres hardly anything on peacock tv in sky Q most things seems to have been taken off pointless peacock tv being in sky now will more get added to peacock tv this year as it's a shame most things got taken off I was enjoying watching the tonight show starring jimmy fallon and other programmes 

anyone know anything why most things have been taken off and if more will get added in future thanks 

@Kirsty+S27 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Peacock tv On sky Q

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

What has happened to  Peacock tv on sky Q theres hardly anything on peacock tv in sky Q most things seems to have been taken off pointless peacock tv being in sky now will more get added to peacock tv this year as it's a shame most things got taken off I was enjoying watching the tonight show starring jimmy fallon and other programmes 

anyone know anything why most things have been taken off and if more will get added in future thanks 

@Kirsty+S27 

@1Anonymous1  I have merged your post with an existing Discussion that I think covers similar thoughts

Please may I add that the SKY CMs do read posts  and could find it difficult to do their job if everyone tagged them in posts  - they are not a replacement for the main query unit - which is email to viewerR@sky.uk 

A poster was told by Now

‘ contract was renegotiated on the 1st January and there will be no new Peacock content until a ‘further update’.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Peacock-nowhere-to-be-found/m-p/59518...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/sky-peacock-loses-programmes/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ash+86
Topic Author
This message was authored by ash+86 This message was authored by: ash+86

It does feel like the soft launch and restricted content / introduction of paramount plus has phased out the Peacock brand in the uk .   Some of the content is still found via the regular box set options - most of it was on Sky Comedy anyway  and now ITVX has started to air larger US shows . 
Does this mean that some of the shows touted for a release in the US may find their way on other platforms in the UK ? 

This message was authored by RobertS83 This message was authored by: RobertS83

It does look like Comcast are starting to sell TV rights to other broadcasters in the UK, not just sky.

BBC are showing Traitors on IPlayer tomorrow 

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/the-traitors-us-gets-uk-home/

Sky Stream with Sky Ultimate
EE Full Fibre 500 Broadband
Fire TV Cube
Xbox Series S
Roku Streambar

That was sold All3Media not NBC Universal (Comcast) but I noticed the Peacock 4 part True Crime Original Documentary - The Hillside Strangler: Devil In Disguise is on Sky Crime from 22nd January.

https://digiguide.tv/programme-details/Sky+Crime+HD/22+January+2023/21:00/The+Hillside+Strangler%3A+...

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Shame really. 

Glad I bought a Peacock USA Premium subscription during a promo deal a few months ago - $19.99 for a year and it's actually really good - superb value for money, with some excellent movies in 4K with HDR. 

Pretty much all new Universal Distributed movies come to Sky Cinema , that's the problem having a Peacock branded service in the UK.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion