Discussion topic: Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

Re: Peacock tv On sky Q

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

What has happened to  Peacock tv on sky Q theres hardly anything on peacock tv in sky Q most things seems to have been taken off pointless peacock tv being in sky now will more get added to peacock tv this year as it's a shame most things got taken off I was enjoying watching the tonight show starring jimmy fallon and other programmes 

anyone know anything why most things have been taken off and if more will get added in future thanks 

@Kirsty+S27 

@1Anonymous1  I'm fairly sure you can see Jimmy Fallon via Sky Comedy.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Peacock App, always rubbish content, 2023 update .

Yes it is.

I think more True Crime content appears to be removed aswell in the last day.

This message was authored by Babygirl666 This message was authored by: Babygirl666

Re: Peacock tv On sky Q

Hi, I was thinking the same, I went to look for a film on peacock & they have taken nearly every programmes & films off 😡😡 I though it was my TV playing up at first

This message was authored by Stupot43 This message was authored by: Stupot43

I was looking forward to Peacock being on the uk. You here about the office (us) having extra content on Us peacock. And all the other things and it has potential of being big over here. And the nEw series of quantum leap (as well as the classic series) would be amazing to be able to watch. But it's been a huge let down. 

This message was authored by Babygirl666 This message was authored by: Babygirl666

Yep, I agree, they keeps advertising all these films & programmes but we can't get bugger all here in the UK, at first there was loads of contents, now, there's hardly anything 😢😢

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@Stupot43 wrote:

I was looking forward to Peacock being on the uk. You here about the office (us) having extra content on Us peacock. And all the other things and it has potential of being big over here. And the nEw series of quantum leap (as well as the classic series) would be amazing to be able to watch. But it's been a huge let down. 

The new series has more chance turning up Sky itself, the classic series is available to watch On Demand.

There isn't need for Peacock over here , Comcast have the Sky portfolio where they can put new NBC Universal owned TV and Film content on.

There also license a fair amount of back catalogue content including Movies and films to ITV and Amazon in particularly 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Babygirl666 wrote:

they keeps advertising all these films & programmes but we can't get bugger all here in the UK

To be fair, actual advertising for Peacock (US) only applies to Peacock in the USA.

The global nature of the internet and the habit of listings articles not to specify which region they apply to is inherently going to confuse such things.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Stupot43 This message was authored by: Stupot43

I disagree.  The classic series is on sky Sci fi. And it's not the full content. Episodes have been removed and edited. 

Quantum Leap was previously in Peacock section on Sky aswell as Sky Sci-Fi , that specific episode wasn't there either, , Peacock has no brand awareness in the UK unlike Sky.

In Germany Sky 'Is constantly guided by the wishes of its customers and continuously adapts its content portfolio'

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

I have to say that Peacock USA has been one of the best value streaming services I've ever tried (via VPN obviously.)

For $19.99 for an annual subscription, the content available is vast and varied. The best thing by far has been Rian Johnson's detective series Poker Face, which was superb. I cannot believe it still doesn't have a UK release date - it's so good!

The movies on there are excellent too, and available much quicker than anything on Sky Cinema. Right now it has Oscar nominated Tar starring Cate Blanchett, Puss In Boots: The Last Wish, Knock At The Cabin, Megan, Armageddon Time, She Said, all the Harry Potter movies and loads more. There's also endless live sport (which doesn't interest me) including live Premiere League football matches from the UK, golf, motorsports, rugby, Indycar, NFL, etc, etc. 

It kind of makes a mockery of what Sky are charging really. 

Universal/Focus/DreamWorks films go on Peacock In the US after 45 days usually, I suspect Sky/Comcast don't do this with Sky Cinema in the UK is because they don't want sacrifice the revenue they get from rental window in the UK.

This message was authored by The+Fella This message was authored by: The+Fella

I have read a number of posts online that suggest M3GAN is available in the UK to stream in both its theatre version and a new unrated version, and it is on Peacock. Yet when I  visit Peacock through Apps on my Sky Q Box there is virtually nothing there! Literally just one page of stuff, and certainly no new films whatsoever! What gives, and why is it still being promoted as 'streaming now on Peacock in the UK'?

Some websites make wrong assumptions about Peacock UK, M3GAN will be on Sky Cinema in August or September.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@The+Fella wrote:

I have read a number of posts online that suggest M3GAN is available in the UK to stream in both its theatre version and a new unrated version, and it is on Peacock. Yet when I  visit Peacock through Apps on my Sky Q Box there is virtually nothing there! Literally just one page of stuff, and certainly no new films whatsoever! What gives, and why is it still being promoted as 'streaming now on Peacock in the UK'?

Where are you seeing it being promoted as 'streaming now on Peacock in the UK'?

It's been available for a couple of months on Peacock USA in both the theatrical and unrated versions, but I've not seen any advertising in the UK about its availability. The same happened with the extended version of Jurassic World Dominion - Peacock USA had the exclusive stream of it for a while, along with the theatrical version. It eventually appeared on Sky Cinema several months later. 

This message was authored by The+Fella This message was authored by: The+Fella

Various sites have been saying that M3GAN will be streaming in the UK on Peacock. If you search for 'Where can I stream M3GAN in the UK', again it comes up with Peacock! Clearly this is not the case, particularly as the Peacock app on Sky has virtually no content at all. It is misleading that it must be referring to Peacock US, which we don't have access to.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion