Discussion topic: Netflix

Kleer1991
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kleer1991 This message was authored by: Kleer1991

Re: Netflix

I spoke to Netflix tonight again for the umpteenth time and told them I'd previously been logged into my Mam's Netflix account that she pays for through her Sky and that it appears her account is linked to my Sky box, hence why I'm keep getting the error message... They said they'd unlinked it but they kept saying I should have 'Get started' on the Netflix home page, when I don't, I just have 'Sign in' or 'Join now', but instead of getting that long message above that I'd previously posted about, after they'd unlinked my Mam's from my Sky box, I got a new message saying 'Connecting you with Sky' then after it loads for X amount of time, I get the next page saying 'We are unable to process your request at the moment. Please try again later'. I told Netflix this while on the phone and they said it can take up to 24 hours to work, but I hold no hope in that being the case as I've had this continuous issue since 23/12/23 and nothing has worked so far...

Netflix keep talking about this activation email or text I'm supposed to have received from Sky but I never got anything.. not in my inbox and not in my spam! 🤯😑

20240126_225424.jpg

20240126_225330.jpg

Kleer1991
Topic Author

Same as me! I'm losing all patience I had with it tbh! Both company's just bounce you back to the other one so you're forever going round in circles! No one seems to have an ounce of an idea as to what to do and the amount of troubleshooting steps I've done with both departments I can now do with my eyes closed and recite in my sleep! Nothing's worked!

I said to both company's, surely I'm not the first and only person to have this issue!?

Why every time I speak to the many different Sky/Netflix advisors, not one of them have a clue about what's causing the issue and how to fix it? Not even the managers of the technical team in Sky!

This is something their IT departments need to be working on so they're not losing customers left right and centre!

Sky and Netflix need to communicate as I cannot be the middle man for much longer, it's driving me insane repeating the same steps the last advisor told me to do the day before 😫

This message was authored by djpaul66 This message was authored by: djpaul66

@Kleer1991 I'm sorry to say but I have bad news for you. The creation of a Netflix account (included in my Sky package) is not possible there is no current solution. It is a Sky softeware/hardware issue since Netflix changed their systems to stop password sharing. I dont know how many people it effects but it could be down to a certain combination of things. Sky Hardware, software versions etc.

I wasted 2 hours of my life on the phone with Sky and in the end got them to cancel my Netflix with them and went back to Netflix direct and re-activited my old Netfix account.

In the that time I spoke with their "off shore" call centre and a "technical expert", how assured me that he would fix it!! 😂 So funny! I was asked to refresh my Apps many times and even once the Sky box software. Nothing worked! I told him he would not fix it and he gave up and transfered me to the UK call centre. In the end they gave up and they removed Netflix from my package at my request.

The issue is that, before Netflix made there changes, you could make a new account through your Sky hardware (Q, Glass etc.) but now it does not create that link to a new Netflix account. it will say that you already have an account or an error code MYSKY_1017.

I will at some point, post all the crazy things they got me to do as a warning to others, when I get more time.

Sorry, if you want Netfix, go direct!

@MarkGoldsmith 

You are missing the point, the sky device will not let you sign in. The method you reference does not work for some poeple and there is a bug in the Sky software.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@djpaul66 wrote:

The issue is that, before Netflix made there changes, you could make a new account through your Sky hardware (Q, Glass etc.) but now it does not create that link to a new Netflix account. it will say that you already have an account or an error code MYSKY_1017.

In general you can still create a new netflix account in this fashion. The issue posted in this thread because because the the Sky account was linked to an incorrect Netflix account. As its the netflix account that has the link, its Netflix that must remove the link from the account, but you also need to be signed out of that Netflix account on the Sky device.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith Netflix cannot help with this issue at all, its a Sky issue.

You say you are not a Sky employee, so you are just reading what Sky publish, which is not correct.

If about 7 Sky employees cannot sort it, including a "Tech Expert" , you stating Netflix can sort it does not help. Netflix confirmed to me that there was no link with any Netflix account of mine and Sky, more than once.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@djpaul66 wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith Netflix cannot help with this issue at all, its a Sky issue.

You say you are not a Sky employee, so you are just reading what Sky publish, which is not correct.

If about 7 Sky employees cannot sort it, including a "Tech Expert" , you stating Netflix can sort it does not help. Netflix confirmed to me that there was no link with any Netflix account of mine and Sky, more than once.

@djpaul66 Why are you willing to accept a Netflixs employees word that it is not their fault so it must be Sky's fault ?

Obviously there is a problem that needs fixing and both companies need to work together to sort this not blaming each other 

I will say that there has been problems for a while, long before Netflix changed their sharing Policy, when a Sky customer has used a friends/families Netflix account then tried to add a new one of their own having problems removing the old account and then adding the new account 

reading Sky's help for Netflix in this link  (which I am sure you have read) at the very bottom on the first page it states 

If you don't have an existing Netflix account:

• You must create a new Netflix account and use a unique email address (you can do this on the Netflix app on your Sky Glass or Sky Stream). Do not use a friends/family Netflix log in details on your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck when logging in for the first time as this will link their login details to your Sky account and it can't be reversed.

Please note: If you've linked the wrong Netflix account to your Sky account, you'll need to contact Netflix directly to update it.

So are you now saying that Netflix are saying this is wrong information ? In which case I would think Netflix need to issue new guidence then 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

@Laing1  Firstly I'm not accepting anyones word on either side but the proof in the pudding is the eating. 

With due respect I have read all the instructions that Sky have issued, more than once and all you Superusers (not Sky employees, honest!! 😂) have posted. Unfortunately you are missing the point.

As you state "You must create a new Netflix account and use a unique email address (you can do this on the Netflix app on your Sky Glass or Sky Stream) or my case Sky Q. The problem is that the Sky hardware will not allow you to do this and please dont tell me that is because there is a linked account, because there is not!! I cant create another account and that is the problem and that is the error/bug in the SKY SOFTWARE. One Tech adviser even got me to try to create a Netflix account on another device to use with Sky and that did not work.

@djpaul66 So if you have not previously linked any other account through Netflix on Sky Glass/Stream/Q 

then you have a different problem to the op who had previously linked another family members account first but now want to link their own account 

I can assure you that no superuser is a Sky employee whatever you may think 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@djpaul66  As superusers (not sky employees ( employees who do post on the forums have their own sky employee badge making them clearly identifiable)) we are and can only reiterate the guidelines that sky provide which is as @Laing1 posted therefore missing the point doesn't come into it as we are not offering any information that sky hasn't publicly stated 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@SKY1992bf  @Laing1 

Sorry I was confused, I thought this was an open forum for people to expalin their issues and problems.

Not a place where Superusers try to tell people the obivous with little understanding of what has been tried and consider there could be a bug.

I clearly explained that I had a problem, that even after a long time and different Sky staff, they could not solve.

As we all know with recent events with Software and companies saying "you are the only one with this problem" it normally turns out you are not the only one and there is a problem.

My last post was to warn anyone not to waste hours jumping through hoops.  

@djpaul66 wrote:

@SKY1992bf  @Laing1 

Sorry I was confused, I thought this was an open forum for people to expalin their issues and problems.

Not a place where Superusers try to tell people the obivous with little understanding of what has been tried and consider there could be a bug.

I clearly explained that I had a problem, that even after a long time and different Sky staff, they could not solve.

As we all know with recent events with Software and companies saying "you are the only one with this problem" it normally turns out you are not the only one and there is a problem.

My last post was to warn anyone not to waste hours jumping through hoops.  

@djpaul66 It is a forum where you can explain your issues problems we are not trying to tell you the obvious and yes I have read every post in this thread so I do have an understanding of what has or has not been tried.

Your first post does not state exactly what you are/were trying to do as you stated "I have the same issue but in my case, I had a direct Netflix account and renewed my Sky package with Netflix included. I never got an activation code from Sky saying I have Netflix through them. I have spoken with both Sky and Netflix more than once. Netflix say it's a Sky problem and Sky said it's a change in Netflix's software that has caused the issue. I'm really not happy and this should be an easy fix but loosing my patience."

Its not clear whether you were trying to link the Netflix account you had or you were creating a new account. I took from further post that you were trying to create a new account but didn't know if you have tried linking you old Netflix account or not hence the first post I made as I was trying to help. 

I understand if you don't want any help from superusers as you have a mistaken belief that they are Sky employees and as you have said you are losing your patience, but  the superusers are customers like you that give up their own time to help other customers. I will say that the collective knowledge the different superusers have, can be greater than  that of the Sky customer advisers.

You will find on any forums that you will get asked the same questions again and again and have possible solutions that have already been offered posted again it a forum thing that some peope only read the last post and not all of the thread.

Just one thought you were told that it could or was due to the change Netflix made regarding sharing if that is true then it may actually be a problem with the app they supply to Sky not allowing you to create a new user but as I said in my first post to you Netflix and Sky need to work together on this 

This message was authored by martin09061980 This message was authored by: martin09061980

For anybody on sky q this can be a easy fix, it was when I was on it. Have sky remove netflix / cancel netflix with immediate effect then add it back on and this will reset both sky and netflix so you can create a new account or link a existing account.

For those on glass or stream this can not be done as netflix is tied into the base package and not a separate / optional extra, I have again been told this is a know issue under investigation for glass and stream and is on a business resilience page. 

Kleer1991
Topic Author

I'm a Sky Q customer and Sky unlinked and relinked Netflix and it didn't work so Netflix then unlinked both mine and my Mam's Netflix from my Sky box and relinked and it's still not worked as I got the error messages I posted above. So still no way around it for me unfortunately 😕

Netflix keep saying I should've received an activation email/SMS from Sky but I've never received one and they've linked and unlinked many times now so I should've received something right? Checked spam/junk and nothing.

Netflix are also saying I should have 'Get started' on the Netflix home page, but all I have is 'Sign in' or 'Join now' 🤔

So something isn't right somewhere, but no one can figure out what 😫

Kleer1991
Topic Author

So I'm still no further forward 😩

Sky said I needed the Boost to Netflix Premium or something? Even though I'm only signed up to pay for standard with ads, so I don't get why this wouldn't work without this boost to premium? My Mam has got standard with ads on her Netflix with Sky and hasn't had to have this boost to premium applied 🤔

They've sent me a new Sky Q box, hoping this might solve the issue, but it hasn't and now I've lost all my recordings which I wasn't made aware of 😞

Next step is to replace my viewing card as that is what holds the customers package info, so if that doesn't work, Sky said I might have to make a new account which I'm against as I'm a Platinum member and have been with Sky for 10 years, why would I risk losing that loyalty for something that isn't guaranteed to work?

Anymore suggestions? Because at this rate I think the universe is trying to tell me that I should not have Netflix through Sky 😮💨

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion