Discussion topic: Netflix previews

This message was authored by HelloYouCant This message was authored by: HelloYouCant

Re: Netflix previews

Yeah I've had the same issue.  I had a chat with Netflix and made them aware this is an issue with Sky Q.  

This message was authored by Surinder99 This message was authored by: Surinder99

I've had a response from Netflix. Sadly they have absolutely no plans to fix this issue for the Sky Q box in any future version of the app. Unbelievable. I will watch Netflix through my Smart TV from here on in.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That doesn't really surprise me. I'm sure Netflix would rather only support one version of the app for sky and that would always likely to be the streaming platform version as opposed to Q due to Sky seeming that platform as the future. I'm sure urgent things they will fix but items like that this they would deem as low priority.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for making us aware of this problem.

Our support teams are investigating this issue and when we have more information, we will let you know.

I'm going to mark this thread as answered so that other people don't need the thread to get the most up-to-date information.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Gsouth This message was authored by: Gsouth

Netflix on my sky Q box - suddenly in December autoplay previews not working and top 10 in UK  list is missing. It works fine on my smart tv, phone, iPad. Problem only on the sky Q. Spoke with sky and they uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix app but this did not resolve the problem. Spoke with Netflix they said check parental controls which has no restrictions. Autoplay is selected within the account settings. Netflix then said it would just resolve itself and to 'wait a week'. Problem still not resolved! There seems to be no help or solution for this problem?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Gsouth 

Your two duplicate posts have been removed to prevent duplicate replies. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Netflix top 10 and autoplay preveiws not working

@Gsouth wrote:

Netflix on my sky Q box - suddenly in December autoplay previews not working and top 10 in UK  list is missing. It works fine on my smart tv, phone, iPad. Problem only on the sky Q. Spoke with sky and they uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix app but this did not resolve the problem. Spoke with Netflix they said check parental controls which has no restrictions. Autoplay is selected within the account settings. Netflix then said it would just resolve itself and to 'wait a week'. Problem still not resolved! There seems to be no help or solution for this problem?

Hi @Gsouth Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Gsouth  Your 3rd thread has also been removed for the same reason stated by @Daniel0210 

Not sure why your creating so many as the reply will remain the same.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Surinder99 This message was authored by: Surinder99

Hi @Gsouth, this is a known issue and the problem is with the Netflix app with Sky Q. I've spoken to Netflix already and sadly they have absolutely no plans to fix this issue for the Sky Q box in any future version of the app for the time being. It was a bug that was introduced after they implemented the new clampdown measures for account sharing.

This message was authored by Sonz1 This message was authored by: Sonz1

Auto play is not working on my main sky q box, but it is working on my sky q mini box, why is this, its annoying 

Sky Mini Box is a streamer. Sky Q main box isn't. That's why.

This message was authored by Carolyne04 This message was authored by: Carolyne04

Has this been fixed, my Netflix account not showing any automatic trailers like it used to?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Carolyne04 Read the post 3 above yours

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Honey150 This message was authored by: Honey150

Hi, I've the same problem and the two thumbs up has disappeared as well. I've tried rebooting everything and it still hasn't helped. Hopefully sky will come up with something. Having found this thread at least I now know that I'm not missing something obvious !

This message was authored by Jonty2 This message was authored by: Jonty2

I have the same problems. No previews, no top 10's and can't edit my profiles. However problem only on my main sky q box and not my additional box. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion