Discussion topic: Christmas Music Channels

This message was authored by AVTSAB2809 This message was authored by: AVTSAB2809

Christmas Music Channels

Does anyone know when the christmas songs will start on Sky? If was 1st September last year but I'm wondering if it will be 1st November this year as nothing yet.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Christmas Music Channels

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The film channel Christmas 24 started today so perhaps they will be coming over the next few weeks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

According to https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-guide-November-2022/m-p/4140159#M132437

Mtv 90s renamed to mtv xmas on 7th November and now 90s renamed to now xmas on 9th November last year.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

Can't we have halloween and Bonfire night before throwing Christmas at us! 🙂

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by PATV+Scunthorpe This message was authored by: PATV+Scunthorpe

I imagine the first channel will be The Box rebranding to Boxmas, which is usually from 1st November.

As indicated, MTV Xmas will probably come up during the week after that. Channel 4/Box Plus also traditionally change Magic to a Christmas schedule from the second Saturday in November, so likely 11th November.

Of course dependant on your view, but probably a blessing that Trace Hits was closed since we avoid the rebrand to Trace Xmas that was shifted back a whole move to the start of September last year. 

AVTSAB2809
Topic Author
This message was authored by AVTSAB2809 This message was authored by: AVTSAB2809

Yes was just wondering is all 😊

This message was authored by Blondi3 This message was authored by: Blondi3

Glad you asked as I've been trying to figure this out - my 5 year old is desperate to have Christmas music videos on demand lol

AVTSAB2809
Topic Author

So has my daughter love! It was so early last year but nothing yet! 

This message was authored by PATV+Scunthorpe This message was authored by: PATV+Scunthorpe

A change. Not full time, but the first blocks of Christmas music arrive tomorrow (18th Oct).

As noted in the October channel changes, That's 70s is being rebranded as That's Christmas and is moving to 188 (Sky Q), and will have a mix of Christmas music and films.

AVTSAB2809
Topic Author

Brilliant! Thanks so much for letting me know! 

This message was authored by Daniellewite27 This message was authored by: Daniellewite27

I've been waiting for the Christmas music to start also, so glad I recorded a few from

last year so whack that on the tv throughout the day. Can't wait till it's on 24/7. I hate Halloween and bonfire night ( so do my kids) haha. We are Christmas lovers all year around haha. 

AVTSAB2809
Topic Author

Me too love! I do like Halloween and Bonfire Night but love christmas, can't wait for more channels!!! Xx

This message was authored by Daniellewite27 This message was authored by: Daniellewite27

I'm so excited for the Christmas channels it's the best time of the year xx

AVTSAB2809
Topic Author

Me too honey!! I have them on 24/7! 😂😂 xxxx

This message was authored by Yoghurt This message was authored by: Yoghurt

Christmas music starts 24/7 on the box channel 355 next Wednesday November 1st 😁

Sarah backx

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion