Discussion topic: Netflix through Sky

This message was authored by Mojo1818 This message was authored by: Mojo1818

Netflix through Sky

Hi

I have netflix through Sky in Ireland am in Spain nowvand unable to access on Smart TV. Can anyone help me please  I tried logging in. Do I need a separate Netflix account?

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: Netflix through Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mojo1818 wrote:

Hi

I have netflix through Sky in Ireland am in Spain nowvand unable to access on Smart TV. Can anyone help me please  I tried logging in. Do I need a separate Netflix account?

@Mojo1818  if your setup is anything like mine you should have a unique login email and password for Netflix which is nothing to do with your Sky account.

You could try the forgot password link on the Netflix homepage and use your usual email and you should get a mail to reset your password.

However, if its setup differently in Ireland then all my info could be wrong.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Mojo1818
Topic Author

Thanks so much for replying. My Sky email and password don't work so I updated Netflix with new password and will try that. Was on chat with Netflix and they advised I don't have active account. (As Netflix with my Sky package)

Mojo1818
Topic Author

I tried signing into Netflix in Spain and its as if I'm new customer. They're looking to set up plan with payment. I have Netflix through Sky at home in Ireland. Am totally confused. I tried messaging Sky on their chat to no avail. I really need to contact Sky to sort. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mojo1818 

Possibly related to post-Brexit complications: Sky Go and Netflix billed through Sky should work elsewhere in the EU for Sky subscribers with an address in RoI, but not for UK subscribers.

Also note that this is facilitated by EU regulation intended for tourist use and business travel, not expat residence or long stays, and times out after thirty days.

Generally a successful login 'at home' (the subscription address) is required before the service will work abroad.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Mojo1818
Topic Author

If I could just speak with someone in Sky for clarification. Chat room told me am not permitted to use netflix as from Ireland sky package. Rubbish I think. My tv app for Netflix won't accept my sky log in details. Is there any way I could be referred to Sky to speak with someone. I can't phone from Spain as its 0818 prefix.  So complicated. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mojo1818 wrote:

Chat room told me am not permitted to use netflix as from Ireland sky package. Rubbish I think.

If your Sky subscription in RoI is Ultimate TV, then it includes Netflix at that address.

Whether bundled Netflix survives overseas use, given the complication I identified above, is rather less clear: I don't think I've seen it referred to before.

@Mojo1818 wrote:

Is there any way I could be referred to Sky to speak with someone.

I'll try escalating your query, but I've no idea if it falls into the remit of the staff who can respond.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Mojo1818.

Mojo1818
Topic Author

After my many messages re access to Netflix while overseas and responses (thanks) I'm really none the wiser. Am back in Dublin now and spoke to Sky. First I was advised I couldn't get netflix on my tv as not permitted to use outside of my home address. I told her that was pure rubbish. She then told me when I next go to Spain I have to call them and they will link my home address after which I'll be able to log in with Netflix email and password. She told me to use prefix number using 6 digits followed by tel no.. Can someone give me their views. My son just uses his email and password and access to whatever.

This message was authored by Ev71 This message was authored by: Ev71

I have Netflix via Sky also.

I had a Netflix account before Sky and it linked to that account.

I've successfully used it not only in the EU, but also Australia. However some content wont be (or indeed extra content will be) available depending on rights in the country you are in.

Also, what country version you receive will depend on if you are mobile roaming (the IP address remains locked to your home country) or Wifi (IP address will belong to the country you are in).

Mojo1818
Topic Author

Thanks for reply. So perhaps when I go to Spain and contact Sky whether on phone or chat they will link my account so I can watch netflix.  Sky told me to call them so hopefully that will work.  Am still confused though as my friend just goes on hols to Spain logs into netflix app on TV and immediate access.  Different apartments each time and no need for contacting Sky for permission/linking in etc.

@Mojo1818 wrote:

Am still confused though as my friend just goes on hols to Spain logs into netflix app on TV and immediate access. 

Is that Netflix billed through Sky, or direct from Netflix?

Mojo1818
Topic Author

I pay for Netflix through Sky

@Mojo1818 

Yes, but does your friend?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion