Discussion topic: BT sport & Eurosport Merger

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: BT sport & Eurosport Merger

@FIL77 wrote:

"For now, you get access to Eurosport 1 & 2 via discovery+, which comes at no extra cost with Sky TV."

Does this mean it will continue as actual channels or move over to the Discovery+ app that I don't have access too be a sky+HD foxe user  ? 

They continue as actual channels , what's happens when they change to TNT Sports after Paris 2024 Olympics is less clear

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@nolte wrote:

@d2h wrote

• That's a very bold statement when there's been no official confirmation of a) whether the rumour carried any weight and b) how any licensing deal will work and what content would be available and on what terms

As per Hollywood reporter article

• Iger added that licensing content will also be part of the company’s plan to achieve cost-savings, though he said he’s not sure how big a component it will be. This would be a marked change from the strategy the company began with the launch of Disney+ in 2019, at which time the company began keeping more of its content in-house and largely stopped licensing out programming in order to house that content on its own services. 

Disney Targets $3 Billion in Content Cost Savings – The Hollywood Reporter

Iger is the Head of Disney. He has specifically stated

• The streaming business … is not delivering basically the kind of profitability or bottom line results that the linear business delivered.”

@nolte 

We know it's been discussed, and first reported by Bloomberg, but the point stands that there has been no official announcement and no indication as to what any licensing deals with consist of. So until officially announced, it remains firmly a possibility within the boardroom.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nolte wrote:

Iger is the Head of Disney. He has specifically stated

• The streaming business … is not delivering basically the kind of profitability or bottom line results that the linear business delivered.”

That is because most of what Disney has churned out over the last few years has been utter carp,  it has little to do with the move to streaming only, but I'm way off topic now!

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@stereohaven 

The overload of marvel content has been stupid I've given up with keeping up with it because it was just one after another 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

TNT sports

Will be interesting how sky act with the new service. I know it's nothing to do with them but let's hope they can come up with a good deal with them. I have read on some reports that if you already paying for BT sports, it might go over, but then on other reports, it's saying it will be a new payment. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: TNT sports

There is an ongoing discussion here regarding this:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/BT-sport-amp-Eurosport-Merger/m-p/4233925#M135069

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Thank you very helpful

Will be interesting how sky act with the new service with TNT. I know it's nothing to do with them but let's hope they can come up with a good deal with them. I have read on some reports that if you already paying for BT sports, it might go over, but then on other reports, it's saying it will be a new payment.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

It's just a rebrand of BT Sport as far I am aware of ,

Sky have carriage deal beyond 2030

The JV will also enter into a new agreement with Sky extending beyond 2030 to provide for its distribution of the JV’s combined sports content

https://newsroom.bt.com/bt-group-and-warner-bros-discovery-agree-to-form-new-premium-sports-joint-ve...

What's less clear is what happens to Eurosport after August 2024 since its currently in the Entertainment bundle.

Also as we get discovery + sports free included for the time being, does this mean we will get it included? Don't see why not

It will be a separate tier I think.

There seems to be mixed messages on various reports, but I guess we just have to wait and see. someone on here from sky said it will transfer to us if we have BT sports

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, this is the latest we have:

"TNT Sports will be available on Sky+, Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Go. If you have BT Sport you don't have to do anything, you'll automatically have access to TNT Sports channels when the change happens. Eurosport channels will also re-brand to TNT Sports at a later date. For now, you get access to Eurosport 1 & 2 via discovery+, which comes at no extra cost with Sky TV."

Sam
Community Manager

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Super+Anthony wrote

• Also as we get discovery + sports free included for the time being, does this mean we will get it included? Don't see why not

Do you mean TNT Sports free?

I think they paid too much money for the Premier league rights to be given away free.

The announcement stated

• Shortly before the 2023/2024 football season, discovery+ will become the streaming home for sports fans who can enjoy a subscription that includes TNT Sports, Eurosport and entertainment in one destination

So it would look three separate offerings on discovery + being entertainment, eurosport sport rights, and tnt sports sport rights

---------
ROI sky Q Customer.
If you have questions about Sky, please post on the forums and do not send me private messages about them. I'm only a customer like you.

As stated - below implies if like me I am paying for BT sports, it will be automatically replaced with TNT and I won't have to pay for another cost, that's how I read it. But if it's the discovery plus app that will be getting access, we should continue to get it free like as present

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, this is the latest we have:

"TNT Sports will be available on Sky+, Sky Q, Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Go. If you have BT Sport you don't have to do anything, you'll automatically have access to TNT Sports channels when the change happens. Eurosport channels will also re-brand to TNT Sports at a later date. For now, you get access to Eurosport 1 & 2 via discovery+, which comes at no extra cost with Sky TV."

Sam
Community Manager

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

From my perspective I'm paying full price to bt directly for access to bt sports linear channels on sky (sky plus hd box), with that I get access to bt sports app and discovery + (sports and entertainment) at no extra charge 

now unless I hear otherwise from bt , come July I'm expecting to receive the rebranded linear channels on sky, plus the updated discovery + app (that now includes the old bt sports app content) at no additional cost 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion