Discussion topic: Landline Phone not Working

This message was authored by Machert This message was authored by: Machert

Re: Landline Phone not Working

Many thanks for sending the diagnostic link, I’ll try that when I have a moment.

The email link started as an online complaint form :

https://www.sky.com/help/forms/complaints

They replied by email, with a unique reference №, and sounded like they may well look into the matter in a few days’ time.

Well that’s interesting.  It all checks out, with no option for an engineer.  It’s as if everything is OK, except for the obvious lack of speed and no landline.

Golf.jpg

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Machert wrote:

They replied by email, with a unique reference №, and sounded like they may well look into the matter in a few days’ time.

OK, just let us know if you want to try the messaging service.

This message was authored by cassie1lily This message was authored by: cassie1lily

@GyFU wrote:

Sky TV, Sky Q box and superfast35 broadband installed and activated today. Everything working fine except the landline phone. It's cordless and plugged into the phone connection on the back of the hub so it's an internet phone, or would be if it worked. There is no dialling tone though the 3  cordless phones all powered up. Can't make any calls or receive any. Have tried using my mobile to call them but they don't ring. Have been through the help guides but nothing worked. I should add that I retained my landline telephone number from my previous supplier Virgin. I was wondering if the transfer from Virgin to Sky has worked properly or other issues. Any help w.elcome please.

@cassie1lily If you're having landline problems, feel free to post some details.

This message was authored by Molie16 This message was authored by: Molie16

I have the same problem. I am using the original cable, have removed and reinserted both ends, rebooted the router but still nothing. The phone (Panasonic cordless with 3 handsets) has power but is otherwise dead. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

@Molie16 can you give us some background details? Are you new to Sky landline? Is your cordless base station plugged into your Sky Hub? Has your phone worked with your Sky landline up to now?

Hi, yes just installed the new Sky hub having switched from BT.   The switch took place whilst I was away so there's been several days  since the switch date before I was able to switch the hardware.   All my peripherals are working fine.  But the phone is dead "the lights are on but no one is at home"!!

I should add that I've checked all the connections on my Panasonic cordless phone that worked fine on my BT system 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion