Discussion topic: I thought landline calls were free ?? Says on my bill Sky Talk Free

This message was authored by Lil1690 This message was authored by: Lil1690

I thought landline calls were free ?? Says on my bill Sky Talk Free

I made one call from my landline and was charged 69p, why does it state sky talk Free ? Any internet calls Free,  Sky at as you talk Free so why am I charged for this ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I thought landline calls were free ?? Says on my bill Sky Talk Free

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lil1690 

Calls aren't free (except 0800 etc). Depending on your tariff they might be inclusive (for up to an hour). Which tariff are you on?
3C7D4FA8-D3AC-400D-B492-2993D6115A7E.jpeg

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Lil1690 wrote:

I made one call from my landline and was charged 69p, why does it state sky talk Free ? Any internet calls Free,  Sky at as you talk Free so why am I charged for this ?

It's marketing-speak. Internet calls and the Pay as you Talk package are free in the sense that there's no monthly subscription, but calls are chargeable.

I agree it's misleading.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Lil1690 

As I've said elswhere, I'm very surprised Ofcom let Sky get away with displaying their billing information in that way.  As @Mark39 indicates, it's apparently intended to show that there's no additional monthly subscription cost for the voice call service to be available to a customer, but is clearly capable of being misinterpreted.

Talk_Billing.jpeg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion