Discussion topic: confused about Sky TV services closing for SD boxes

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

confused about Sky TV services closing for SD boxes

hi guys the members that know me on here know about my plan to use my SD boxes for the nonsky channels etc so I was fine with that but the information on the sky tv services closing for SD boxes page has changed now it says

"We’re changing how we deliver our TV services. To keep your Sky TV services you'll need to upgrade to a HD compatible box before your payment due date in October" so my question now is if I change my main box to HD but keep my mutiroom boxes on SD will my mutiroom subscriptions get automatically cancelled on end of october?

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: confused about Sky TV services closing for SD boxes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HeathHayle  I'll seek clarification from sky 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Sky know what each of your boxes are, you will need to upgrade ALL SD boxes to HD, they will not let you pay for an SD box after their cutoff date no matter how hard you try to get arround this

Edit: You will need to cancel multiscreen on the SD boxes as this is not automatic and you'll be paying for channels you cannot access

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
HeathHayle
Topic Author
This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

great guys thanks for finding out so I can continue to use my SD boxes until I cant receive the channels I need then update them to HD boxes but for now just have the main box as a HD box?

HeathHayle
Topic Author

how do I find out which is my main viewing card is that something I can find out myself or can sky only tell you if you phone them?

HeathHayle
Topic Author

when I do set 1 box as a HD box on my primary viewing card on my account the site says "

Already got a Sky+ HD box? Call so that we can update your account." could I just match up the box with the viewing card myself would that do whatever sky would do or do they actually have to do something?

HeathHayle
Topic Author

just to let you know @Annie+UK just spoke to sky and they said if mutiroom is in contact then its not automatically cancelled if not it will be

HeathHayle
Topic Author

@Annie+UK may I ask who did you ask? am I getting told something different because its a day later than when you found out

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

The Sky Community Moderators went and asked the relevant team and supplied us with the answer

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
HeathHayle
Topic Author

@Annie+UK interesting so you would have thought they would get the correct information strange how value said to me what I told would the person that told you have said if it was different between contracted and not contracted? do you know which team they would have asked hope you dont mind me asking you all this

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@HeathHayle  We wouldn't know who they reached out to, but if I had to choose who is likely to be giving the most appropriate information I would take it from the community moderators over cs agents or direct teams has it's been known that they don't have the most upto date information readily available 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
HeathHayle
Topic Author

@SKY1992bf tell me about it the amount of times I have actually told cs agents stuff they didnt actually know would the team have said if it was different between contract and non contracted mutiroom?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion