Discussion topic: Mini TV Unavailable No Satellite Signal message

This message was authored by KMM2109 This message was authored by: KMM2109

Re: Mini TV Unavailable No Satellite Signal message

@Mark39 

Thanks for all the help and info.

it seems to be behaving now, or has for the last 10 mins. I will book an engineer if it continues.

This message was authored by Whizzdick67 This message was authored by: Whizzdick67

We've been experiencing similar issues - we lose one or other of the inputs (i.e. not consistently just 1 or 2, could be either) and sometimes lose both. This has been happening intermittently for 10 days or so. Planning to try a full system reset and go from there.

TBH given that I can now access most stuff we want to watch via Netflix or smart TV streaming I think we may be saying "bye bye" to Sky soon... certainly don't want to pay for engineer visits etc, as I'm not convinced its a problem at my end.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Whizzdick67 wrote:

... certainly don't want to pay for engineer visits etc, as I'm not convinced its a problem at my end.

It's certainly not a problem at Sky's end, as everybody would be affected. Most likely it's a dish/cabling issue.

This message was authored by Whizzdick67 This message was authored by: Whizzdick67

That's a fair comment, though the disc and cabling was all renewed not that long ago and we've not suffered any significant storm damage or the likes in the last 2 weeks, which makes me a bit suspicious. I haven't canvassed neighbours to see if they're also having issues, which I guess I should do.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion