Discussion topic: Channels stopped working

This message was authored by Rosemary4 This message was authored by: Rosemary4

Channels stopped working

This is the third time in almost a month that one off our boxes have stopped working. The subscription channels have to stopped working on multipule boxes. I contected sky on friday about this and all i got was oh your box is too old you need to upgrade. I just wamt to problem sorted as we cant watch anything at the moment and its getting very annoying to constantly having to fix the same problem. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Channels stopped working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Stopped working how? Is there an error message?

Rosemary4
Topic Author

It keeps coming up with upgrade your subscription but I've already got the subscription 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That would be annoying. Unfortunately the only way to get it fixed is to call Sky again. I don't know why Viewing Cards linked with Multiscreen subscriptions drop off in this way. We see posts reporting the same thing fairly regularly. 

Yes, your Sky boxes are old but I don't think age itself has anything to do with this. The hard disks will eventually fail (the very latest boxes are at least 8 years old) so it would be worth considering Sky Q or Stream as a longer term solution.

Rosemary4
Topic Author

We've been having this problem since my brothers boxes hard drive failed, sky wanted us to upgrade to Q but because we have wire mesh internet we couldn't so we bought another box and this problem has been happening to our other 3 boxes since but not the newer box. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Rosemary4 wrote:

We've been having this problem since my brothers boxes hard drive failed, sky wanted us to upgrade to Q but because we have wire mesh internet we couldn't so we bought another box and this problem has been happening to our other 3 boxes since but not the newer box. 

Do you mean WiFi mesh?

Exiled in HH
Rosemary4
Topic Author

Yes WiFi mesh and booster boxes for the WiFi as well 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion