Discussion topic: BBC Upgrade banner on recording but not while watching live

This message was authored by Joe+C+London This message was authored by: Joe+C+London

BBC Upgrade banner on recording but not while watching live

I'm getting this notification when I record a program from BBC One onto my Sky+HD box, however I do not see if when I watch BBC One live.

JoeCLondon_1-1698614611547.jpeg

According to the website my box should be getting BBC One HD on channel 101, and so I don't understand why I'm getting this on a recorded program.

Can you please advise what I have to do to be able to record BBC One programs without losing the lower third?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: BBC Upgrade banner on recording but not while watching live

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joe+C+London wrote:

Are there any plans to improve this?

It doesn't appear to be on the roadmap so if possible try setting your BBC recordings via your box itself ir if using the app remember to look in the 800 or 900s for the HD channels.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Thay would suggest you're viewing the BBC1 HD channel, but recording the SD channel.

Joe+C+London
Topic Author
This message was authored by Joe+C+London This message was authored by: Joe+C+London

@Mark39As far as I know I'm recording the same channel both times.  However, I have just noticed on my Sky Go app, channel 101 just says BBC One, whereas on my Sky+HD box, channel 101 says BBC One HD.

Is it possible that the Sky Go app is sending incorrect instructions to the Sky+HD box?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Joe+C+London wrote:

Is it possible that the Sky Go app is sending incorrect instructions to the Sky+HD box?

Yes I would say that is probably what is happening as the HD versions of the channels via Sky Go are not always in the correct place so try looking from 951 onwards for the HD version of BBC One via the app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, I would say the channel you're selecting on Sky Go is the SD channel. I think I remember seeing other posts who have had the same issue.

Joe+C+London
Topic Author

Thank you @caesarome.

If anyone from Sky is reading this, having a different channel list on Sky Go and Sky+HD is a very poor user experience.  Are there any plans to improve this?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Joe+C+London wrote:

Are there any plans to improve this?

It doesn't appear to be on the roadmap so if possible try setting your BBC recordings via your box itself ir if using the app remember to look in the 800 or 900s for the HD channels.

Joe+C+London
Topic Author

I got off the phone with someone from Sky support, and I finally have my answer from them: it will cost an extra £9 per month for me to do record BBC One HD to my box using the Sky Go app.

I'm not sure I understand what you're paying for- unless you previously didn't have a Sky Tv subscription.

BBC1 HD is free to air, and no subscription is required to receive it, but you do need a subscription to record any channel..

Joe+C+London
Topic Author

I have a basic subscription.  Apparently one now needs an HD subscription to record BBC One without the lower third.

@Joe+C+London wrote:

I have a basic subscription.  Apparently one now needs an HD subscription to record BBC One without the lower third.

I don't believe that to be the case. 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@Joe+C+London wrote:

That's not correct, BBC One HD is a free channel and can be recorded without the HD pack. If you're using Sky Go to set remote recordings, you should find BBC One HD on 801 rather than 101. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion