Discussion topic: Audio Description won’t turn off

This message was authored by Jilly24 This message was authored by: Jilly24

Audio Description won’t turn off

My Sky Audio Description will not turn off.  I have never put it on and the settings show that it is off. I have tried turning in on and off again but no joy it's still describing things. Please help us as it's driving us insane 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Re: Audio Description won’t turn off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jilly24 wrote:

My Sky Audio Description will not turn off.  I have never put it on and the settings show that it is off. I have tried turning in on and off again but no joy it's still describing things. Please help us as it's driving us insane 

Have you tried rebooting your box?

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Also note that anything Recorded with it on, will always have it on even though you've now turned it off. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Flamber This message was authored by: Flamber

My Sky Audio Description will not turn off.  I have never put it on and the settings show that it is off. I have tried turning in on and off again but no joy it's still describing things. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you have turned it off and it is still appearing in your recordings then this would be because they were recorded at a time when it was turned on, but it should happen from now on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Danw867465 This message was authored by: Danw867465

I have exactly the same problem. Recorded a tv show on bbc, went to watch it and turned on audio description by mistake, turned it off but it's still giving an audio description.

Audio description was not on when it recorded. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

This message was authored by gplanner This message was authored by: gplanner

This happened to us.  Found out that it is turned on by holding the mute button for 3 secs (that was the inadvertent mistake), but it turned off by holding down the mute button again for 3 secs.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion