Discussion topic: LG Magic Remote won't recognise Sky+HD channels using voice recognition.

This message was authored by Hallsfell This message was authored by: Hallsfell

LG Magic Remote won't recognise Sky+HD channels using voice recognition.

On my LG C9 Oled, I had used LG magic remote voice recognition perfectly when connected to Sky HD.  However, had changed to Sky Q recently, but then changed back to Sky HD again after 2 weeks.  Have tried to reset remote on Sky HD box again and it does say Complete on the TV, but it clearly isn't.  On the TV it now only gives the Sky options of Sky Q, Sky SD and Sky but, when it was working before there was the option of Sky HD on the TV list, but this has disappeared.  The voice remote can still be used to come out of apps and back into the Sky HD box, so it looks like it's not recognising the functions of the Sky HD box only, that is, it doesn't change channels that way.  Any advice please?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: LG Magic Remote won't recognise Sky+HD channels using voice recognition.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the magic remote has a factory reset option, it might be worth a go. Otherwise probably better to try LG support or the LG forum, if they have one.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Check that your LG is detecting your Sky box correctly via HDMI as it uses this to link your magic remote to the device, you should not eed to reset the remote as it configures itself automagically 🙂

Sky support for Sky+HD and earlier systems has ended, you can still get support if you already have Sky Protect insurance otherwise you'll have to find your own 3rd party company to get support from at your own expense
Hallsfell
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hallsfell This message was authored by: Hallsfell

Many thanks - the HDMI link is showing as ticked on the TV, so I presume this is working.  I'm still wondering that, because it doesn't now show Sky HD as an option on the TV, that may be the problem.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion