Discussion topic: Sky + card not authorised.

This message was authored by SWT2021 This message was authored by: SWT2021

Sky + card not authorised.

We have a sky + box. Sky tried to upgrade us to Sky Q last year but couldn't as our communal satellite dish is too old. We still have our Sky+ box and viewing card. Replacing the dish is not an option as it serves all of the flats in the block and there is no easy roof access. 

As of today we have the message 'viewing card not authorised'.  I have updated the software on the box but still get the same message and when we log onto our Sky account via the app or online it automatically assumes we have a Sky Q box and won't tell us how to pair a sky + box.

This is extremely frustrating and having been Sky customers of 18 years we are now thinking of cancelling our contract. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky + card not authorised.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You'll need to call Sky and they'll send you a replacement Viewing Card.

When you order Sky Q your Sky+  Viewing Card is eventually disabled. There seems to be way to reverse this if your Sky Q order is subsequently cancelled.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@SWT2021  Your not talking directly to Sky we are all customers here, it sounds like you need to call Sky so they can correct this.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

An attempted Sky Q upgrade will trigger the cancellation of your Sky+ viewing card, you'll need to phone sky to get  new card sent out

You can contact Sky using the number here (See the "Need more help?" dropdown near the bottom of the page)

Note: Make sure you have the correct country flag selected in the bottom-right of the page

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
SWT2021
Topic Author

We have a Sky Q card. Would this work in a Sky + box?

SWT2021
Topic Author

Just to let people know. We put in the Sky Q card to the Sky + box and it paired itself just fine. It's exactly a year from when Sky tried to upgrade us and found out they couldn't so I assume our old + card expired. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@SWT2021 wrote:

Just to let people know. We put in the Sky Q card to the Sky + box and it paired itself just fine. It's exactly a year from when Sky tried to upgrade us and found out they couldn't so I assume our old + card expired. 

As you never mentioned getting a new card we assumed you needed a new one

Yes the old card is cancelled a little while after you would have had Sky Q installed even if the install does not happen for any reason

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion