Discussion topic: WiFi 7

This message was authored by Yorkiecherry This message was authored by: Yorkiecherry

WiFi 7

Will Sky Stream be better with WiFi 7?

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: WiFi 7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yorkiecherry  Stream works very well in wifi 6, I get a throughput of around 700mps from a 1gig line.

Been using wifi on the stream puck for a few months to see how it performs and I've had zero issues with it.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Yorkiecherry wrote:

Will Sky Stream be better with WiFi 7?

@Yorkiecherry 

Stream is a Wi-Fi 6 capable device; I wouldn't expect any noticeable difference if you were using a Wi-Fi 7 router (perhaps a slightly lower bank balance after the routers purchase)

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Yorkiecherry  Stream works very well in wifi 6, I get a throughput of around 700mps from a 1gig line.

Been using wifi on the stream puck for a few months to see how it performs and I've had zero issues with it.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion