Discussion topic: There is a technical fault with this programme. Please try again later.

Robert0072
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robert0072 This message was authored by: Robert0072

Re: There is a technical fault with this programme. Please try again later.

Just to confirm, i unplugged at the mains (not the back of the box) for 10 minutes, timed by stopwatch to be sure of the time. It didn't work.20240616_111627.jpg

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert0072 

I have escalated your post to the online sky community support team - lookout for an invitation on here to chat 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Robert0072  an invite to chat.

Robert0072
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robert0072 This message was authored by: Robert0072

Greenfingers001, thanks for your assistance. It stil isn't available. You suggested trying the non UHD version, but i don't know how to get to the SKY Atlantic App to select it. Our session has timed out, otherwise i'd have asked you there.

This message was authored by Rachmosh112 This message was authored by: Rachmosh112

Did you find a fix? I get this problem every single day! It's unbearable!!!!

Robert0072
Topic Author

No. I feel your pain. Tech help said it was the content provider that had a fault, for one of the shows i watch at least. I had it last night (21st June 2024, 2000) for the Netherlands France game, so had to watch via my laptop on itv player.

Robert0072
Topic Author

As soon as i get my freesat dish installed, im out. I'm not paying for a service that partially works.

@Robert0072 wrote:

No. I feel your pain. Tech help said it was the content provider that had a fault, for one of the shows i watch at least. I had it last night (21st June 2024, 2000) for the Netherlands France game, so had to watch via my laptop on itv player.

You could have opened the iPlayer app and watched on there ....

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Robert0072 

What is your speed using either ethernet or wifi at the puck?

To find out, run the speed test from the puck Netflix app, listed under Get help.

I have watched just about every euro game so far via the linear channels of BBC and ITV and not seen any problems.
Had no problems with any of yesterdays three matches.

I have two pucks, one on ethernet and the main on wifi. 
Using the puck Netflix test I get an average Netflix speed wifi test between 290-330Mbps.

Of course that kind of speed is not needed, but can be helpful in any busy bandwidth household.

Has been reliable on wifi and the one on ethernet is in the low 90Mbps (puck is limited to 100Mbps on its ethernet port).
On my Sky broadband Ultrafast + (500Mbps), I get the following average when running a speed test from a desktop via ethernet to the Sky SR203 router;
Latency 4-5ms, 523-525 Mbps download, 72-74 Mbps upload.

I've noticed on my network, that the pucks use the following;
HD = Watching any live TV, On demand or cloud recordings - 6-7 Mbps per puck.
UHD = Watching any live TV, On demand or cloud recordings - 11-12Mbps per puck.

So it seems with Sky recommended speed in their help articles are not far off the mark.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Robert0072
Topic Author

I didn't realise the BBC had the rights to all matches.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Robert0072 wrote:

They do not, the matches are split between BBC and ITV.

On Stream, you can watch them on either the BBC and ITV linear channels or via their apps, BBC iPlayer or ITVx.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Robert0072 wrote:

France  Netherlands was line on bbc last night. Unless you were watching the highlights 

Robert0072
Topic Author

Connection speed is 89.83Mbps

Robert0072
Topic Author

Im confused. If the BBC don't have the rights to all the matches, how could I have watched the Netherlands France game on iPlayer?

Robert0072
Topic Author

I made a mistake. It must have been the Poland Austria game. Either way, can we keep this thread on topic?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion