Discussion topic: There is a technical fault with this programme. Please try again later.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: There is a technical fault with this programme. Please try again later.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert0072 wrote:

I made a mistake. It must have been the Poland Austria game. Either way, can we keep this thread on topic?

Either way if there's an issue with a channel on the tv guide you could have watched via one of the corresponding apps on the puck 

who is your internet with ? I know some providers sometimes use non uk ip addresses occasionally .... turning off your router at the main for a few minutes can get your router to pick up a different IP address 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Robert0072 wrote:

Connection speed is 89.83Mbps

Was that via the Puck Netflix test on ethernet?

Does your ethernet go direct from puck to router or via a switch?

Sometimes, ethernet switches have been known to be a tad temperamental, was a known cause case for Sky Q, so perhaps could be causing a glitch somewhere on Sky Stream.

If on ethernet, try the following; in this order, even if you have tried something similar before.

Make sure in the puck Settings>Start up and standby that Network standby mode is set to ON and overnight power saving is set to OFF.

Make sure in the puck Settings>Network>Advanced settings that WiFi is set to OFF (if you are using an ethernet connection).

Press the Standby button on your Sky remote or on the bottom of your Sky Stream puck.

Switch off your Sky Stream puck at the mains or remove the plug from the socket.
Switch your broadband router off at the mains or reboot it.
Wait for about 30 seconds then switch the broadband router back on at the mains or just let it reboot itself if you used the reboot method.
Wait for all the lights to come back on on your router and check that your other devices are connecting to the internet.
Switch your Sky Stream puck back on at the mains or put the plug back in the socket.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Robert0072
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robert0072 This message was authored by: Robert0072

Router to puck. I've done those steps. The settings were already as described.

Which internet provider are you using? There can be occasional issues with some ISP s especially mobile phone isp s like 3 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

There are issues with hyperoptic internet - there's a thread from a couple of days ago where users were unable to pick up an internet connection on hyperoptic 

You need to raise the issue with hyper optic and I will escalate in the superuser forum 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

If the ISP is Hyperoptic there is a ongoing issue as reported in this thread https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/Sky-Stream-Hyperoptic-Broadband-issues/td-p/4674074

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Robert0072
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robert0072 This message was authored by: Robert0072

No one has determined if the issue is associated with Hyperoptic or SKY. You could argue that only HO customers are having an issue. But then you could argue the only device they are having an issue with is SKY.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Robert0072  I'm not having these issues on Virgin Media ,from the posts in this forum there is an issue with HyperOptic customers and not purely a Sky issue.

The posts speak for themselves.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Robert0072
Topic Author

I agree that the only people affected seems to be HO customers. But as an engineer, i would be wary of simply saying "its a fault with HO". I may well be. But unless some kind of analysis is done, no one will know. As far as HO are concerned, they are providing a service that works, same for SKY. I would say the onus is on SKY to work out why certain ISP(s) are having difficulty with streaming, not the other way round.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion