Discussion topic: SkyQ AND Stream at address?

This message was authored by Chickennnugget This message was authored by: Chickennnugget

SkyQ AND Stream at address?

I have Q at the house and I want to put Stream into my garage conversion (because of distance it's not viable to use cables to connect the two and use multiroom)... I tried to set up a separate account to pay for Stream but can't as the address already has a Q account... Any ideas how to fix this issue? I can't see how it's a problem. But sky just say no?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: SkyQ AND Stream at address?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chickennnugget  Sky has a policy limit of one service per address so you can either have Q or stream not both 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Chickennnugget  Sky has a policy limit of one service per address so you can either have Q or stream not both 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Chickennnugget 

Unfortunately it's not possible at one address - sky terms are pretty clear on this   - it's only system or the other 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@ChickennnuggetThe solution could be to change to "stream" which may do what you want BUT research stream carefully to make sure it does what you want.

This message was authored by Hogarty9999 This message was authored by: Hogarty9999

I have exactly the same request. Did you have any luck? I have tried to order Stream for the garage annexe but I can't seem to do it. It is too far for a mini box..

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Hogarty9999  Unless the Garage annexe is a seperate fully recognised postal address on the Royal Mail data base then no you cannot have Sky Q & Stream at the same address.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Hogarty9999 wrote:

I have exactly the same request. Did you have any luck? I have tried to order Stream for the garage annexe but I can't seem to do it. It is too far for a mini box..

As previously stated on the thread - you CANNOT have Sky Q and Sky Stream at the one address. 

Unless your garage has a completely separate postal address registered with Royal Mail, Sky will not sell you a Stream puck and streaming subscription in addition to your Sky Q subscription. It's one system or the other - no mixing and matching is allowed.  

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Hogarty9999 wrote:

It is too far for a mini box..

You could look at wired (ethernet/Powerline) or point-to-point wireless solutions.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by grahamdg This message was authored by: grahamdg

Ive just had the most fustrating afternoon on the phone to several departments within sky to sort out my existing SkyQ account *been overcharged and for extras that I simply don't use' and cancel the multiroom sub and mini box and swap the mini box for a stream. The only thing retentions couldn't do was order the stream as that was a separate departement as it needed a new account, fair enough, all packages changed and mutlitroom deleted, then I call back to order a stream and was told I can't have one as I have SkyQ....... Technically ther is no reason whatsoever that they can't work in the same house (spearate tv's) but stupidly I can't add it to my existing 20 year plus sky account, nor set up a new one for the stream... They can send me a stream but as soon as I register it, my SkyQ stops working......

Knowing that a few clients have a few streams and Skyq master box at the same address, it clearly is possible just Sky being completely stupid in not allowing it. So now we have no tv in the kicthen (mini box cancelled) and just appologies from Sky that I shouldhave been told that.... Closing account tomorrow....

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@grahamdg 

It's not possible 

either stream / glass or q per household 

it's been that way for 18 months 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

It is clearly technically possible for both Stream and SkyQ to exist on the same network/property, it is also clearly possible for customers to have more than one sky account at a single address (witness sky mobile users), so why is this deemed 'impossible' and apart from when attempting to order the Stream (knowing it needs a spearate account, no issue this end with that!) no-one I spoke to yesterday mentioned that this wasn't possible. Complaint in and awaiting a sensible answer. Just why Sky won't allow this is just daft....

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@grahamdg wrote:

It is clearly technically possible for both Stream and SkyQ to exist on the same network/property, it is also clearly possible for customers to have more than one sky account at a single address (witness sky mobile users), so why is this deemed 'impossible' and apart from when attempting to order the Stream (knowing it needs a spearate account, no issue this end with that!) no-one I spoke to yesterday mentioned that this wasn't possible. Complaint in and awaiting a sensible answer. Just why Sky won't allow this is just daft....

It's definitely technically possible but I reckon it's probably largely down to the complicated account management that it would necessitate. Sky Signature on Q offers different channels and different means of linking Netflix account tiers (by adding HD & UHD) compared to how Sky's streaming service offers it. If the two different accounts were in operation under one customer then it would no doubt cause havoc with how the billing and linking would work. 

The only way I could see it working would be if Netflix was completely removed from the equation and the customer was willing to pay over the odds for two completely separate packages which basically offer the same channels on two different services. So, in other words, paying twice. Pointless. 

Sky's IT infrastructure already feels like its hanging by a thread sometimes (it certainly doesn't function particularly smoothly or particularly fast) so I doubt we'll ever see the day where Q and Stream are offered together. 

So why can't we have 2 accounts (different names, same address) one for SkyQ and one for Stream, problem solved but Sky would rather a 20 year VIP customer cancel the lot..... Ridiculous.....

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@grahamdg wrote:

So why can't we have 2 accounts (different names, same address) one for SkyQ and one for Stream, problem solved but Sky would rather a 20 year VIP customer cancel the lot..... Ridiculous.....

@grahamdg  For the same reasons whilst everything may be technically possible it's a Sky policy decision which you'll be hard pressed trying to get sky to change 

I'd settle for a reason apart from just plain daft.. As I said it clearly can be done very simply but alas it seems beyond their comprehension to sort out what was their mess, all I did was say yep thats what I want, 90% was sorted but Stream (which they should have all known) isn't allowed despite it going to be 2 separate accounts..... It really is beyond silly...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion