Discussion topic: Sky stream not working!!!!

This message was authored by MG211 This message was authored by: MG211

Sky stream not working!!!!

Hi there.

having problems with sky stream, remote not working, I can't seem to even get anything connected, sky even sent me a new remote, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Re: Sky stream not working!!!!

@MG211 wrote:

Hi there.

having problems with sky stream, remote not working, I can't seem to even get anything connected, sky even sent me a new remote, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Sadly the Sky Stream remotes are a bit cheap and nasty. I'm on my third as they just seem to stop working for no reason. 

One thing to try (which worked on one of my remotes for a while) is to grip it with both hands and give it a firm twist like you're wringing out a wet cloth. It might sound mad but it has helped many people get their remotes to work. Something to do with releasing some of the solder or glue holding components together. 

MG211
Topic Author
This message was authored by MG211 This message was authored by: MG211

Cheers I'll give it a go 👍

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

In addition to "doing the twist" a few others have reported on the forum another thing that has helped misbehaving remotes, is to take the batteries out of the remote for several hours before putting them back in.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion