Discussion topic: Sky stream , honest review

This message was authored by DazLad1 This message was authored by: DazLad1

Re: Sky stream , honest review

@mufngruf I came from Virgin to Sky Stream as, apparently, it's the way to go so I only have a very old Sky dish.  Do you pay extra for Sky Q & did you have to pay to get a dish installed?

This message was authored by mufngruf This message was authored by: mufngruf

hmm... well I had Q at my last house with a dish...  so they were already used to me (I'm a diamond guy). They didnt charge me for installation of the dish... 
I THINK that if you simply explain that streaming simply won't actually WORK for your viewing habits and preferences BUT you don't wanna leave them...UNLSS YOU HAVE TO.... why would they object, eh?

Good luck with it.

@mufngruf I'll definitly give it a go.  🤞🏻

stress heavily that you LEFT THEIR COMPETITION to try their service but it just isn't working for you.... no hard feelings an'all... but you hear GREAT things aout Q and a dish.

PS - I don't think that the age of your dish will prevent it from working....

@mufngruf in other words...lie my ar$e off.  😬

where's the lie??? That's what i told 'em.... I tried the streaming and it didn't work for my viewing habits. They had to install a dish on my brand new council bungalow... but the did it and didn't charge me for it.... and it works GREAT for MY needs.

@mufngruf I will definitly give it a go...& try not to get too infuriated.  🤣

This message was authored by gk16 This message was authored by: gk16

Oh for real? That's annoying. So what are my options. Why wound the lip sync be off when using the better sound options. Sound is inoortsnt for me

This message was authored by dotindy This message was authored by: dotindy

hi, leaving vm and going to sky stream. we watch a lot of football. 

1. if you have 2 games on at same time, can you watch both, one after the other?

2. when you say delay, would the sound be out of sync with picture?

thank you for any help

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@dotindy wrote:

hi, leaving vm and going to sky stream. we watch a lot of football. 

1. if you have 2 games on at same time, can you watch both, one after the other?

Only if Sky make the second game available to stream immediately. Which they often don't. It may take a few minutes, hours or days (if ever) to appear. If you playlist the games you want to watch from a broadcast channel on the EPG then it should be available at some point. If a game is only being streamed on the Sky Sports+ app then you're out of luck. Those matches can only be watched live. 

2. when you say delay, would the sound be out of sync with picture?

There's a delay of between 20-40 seconds behind satellite broadcasting, depending on the channel being viewed. So if your neighbour has Sky Q for example and you hear them cheering because a goal has been scored, you won't see that goal being scored until 20-40 seconds after they see it. 

There are lip sync issues for some customers with Sky Stream too but that's a separate issue. 

thank you for any help

This message was authored by TimR1960 This message was authored by: TimR1960

We had to change to Sky stream because trees have grown over the last 20 years and now block the satellite signal.

Overall, the stream is a complete pain. If you want to watch something that has been on TV earlier in the day(e.g. Richard Osman House of Games), you can't find it because the watch today gives a completely different episode.

This message was authored by Rushy64 This message was authored by: Rushy64

So -

CAN you record

Can you set series record

Is there a catch up facility?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rushy64 wrote:

So -

CAN you record

There is no hard drive, so no local recording is possible.  A mixture of on-demand streaming and server playback replaces this in most cases, but not for everything.

Can you set series record

See above.

Is there a catch up facility?

See above again.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@Rushy64 

No you can't record...single program or series.

You set the program or series as a favourite...then, if they bother to stream what you've favourited, you can watch it.

Warning***

They don't always save programs...sometimes one or two programs will be missing in a series.  Some programs you need to have another app...such as watching the Tour de France...you need to pay for Discovery+ app...extra cost & that's only one example.

Sometimes, they stream whatever is on at the set time for the program...if it's not what you want to watch tough **bleep**.

All in all, DO NOT expect streaming to be anywhere near as good as being able to record...you'll be very disappointed, as I am.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion