Discussion topic: Sky puck remote stopped working

This message was authored by DMas1 This message was authored by: DMas1

Sky puck remote stopped working

I have no idea why my remote just dies every few weeks. Is this common?

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky puck remote stopped working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DMas1 When you say it just dies do you find the batteries have gone flat?  I had a remote where the batteries only lasted about 3 weeks.  I phoned Sky and they replaced the remote for me.

If the remote just stops working and the batteries are OK then try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  There was a faulty batch of remotes at the end of last year and this method often worked even though it sounds an unlikely solution. Whether it will work on newer remotes I don't know but it's worth a try.

Also, if you have one available a Sky Q remote will work just fine with Glass or Stream.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
DMas1
Topic Author
This message was authored by DMas1 This message was authored by: DMas1

He is a list of what I have tried so far: 1. Turned the puck off and removed it from the wall socket. Turned it back on, held down 4 and 6 for 3 seconds. Nothing. Held down 1 and 3 for 3 seconds. Nothing 2. Replaced batteries 3. Held the remote with both hands and tried to twist it / wring it like a towel 4. Held down 7 and 9 for 3 seconds NOTHING None of the lights on the remote go on when I press the buttons. So it's not responding to anything so far.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DMas1 You have been busy and I'm sorry to hear you have not resolved the issue.  It seems as though you need a new remote so I will escalate your post to the Community Messaging Team who will send you an online chat invitation (probably tomorrow morning).  Do you have a Sky Q remote available as this will work in the meantime.

The link below explains the procedure when your post has been escalated.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the colourful speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @DMas1.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion