Discussion topic: Sky puck in another house

This message was authored by Sweepa This message was authored by: Sweepa

Sky puck in another house

Hi I need to move out of my place for 3 weeks and can't take my sky glass with me I was told that if I get the puck I can take that to the place I'm staying to watch tv but I'm not sure I'm paying for the service and won't be able to watch it if I can't use the puck 

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Sky puck in another house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Sweepa 

Unfortunately the devices can only be used at the registered address.

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
Sweepa
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sweepa This message was authored by: Sweepa

Cool thank you just wanted to make sure 

This message was authored by DaiTf This message was authored by: DaiTf

If it's a streaming device via wifi why can't you use it anywhere - you've paid for the streaming service and the puck so why can't you use it anywhere in the UK?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@DaiTf  The T & C's specify you cannot do that.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DaiTf 

Sky has always been particular about location: this is now somewhat out of step with other providers, but it's specified in the contract.

If you or any other person uses any of the TV services on Sky Glass or Sky Stream puck anywhere other than your home address you will be in breach of this contract and we may charge you an Additional Location Charge or suspend certain subscription services for use at that other address in accordance with clause 4.16 below. We use data received from compatible devices and network connections you use to access your TV Services to ensure you are only using your TV Services at your address and in accordance with clause 4.4 below.

4.4. You agree to use your TV services for your household's own private domestic enjoyment at your address only and not for any commercial or business purpose.

4.16. If you or any other person uses any of the TV services or your account anywhere other than your address, you will be in breach of this contract. As such, we may either suspend your TV services or charge you an Additional Location Charge for use at that other address based on the price of your subscription at your address. We will notify you before taking any action or applying that additional charge to your account.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@DaiTf wrote:

If it's a streaming device via wifi why can't you use it anywhere - you've paid for the streaming service and the puck so why can't you use it anywhere in the UK?

@DaiTf also depends when you ordered since February pucks are loaned equipment and must be returned on cancellation of service 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@DaiTf wrote:

You've only paid an activation fee for the puck - you don't actually own it if you signed up after the end of February this year. They remain the property of Sky and are only loaned to you to allow you to receive the service. They have to be returned to Sky whenever you cancel your subscription. 

If you're likely to be moving around and must have access to Sky then you're better off with a Firestick and a NOW subscription which can be used anywhere. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion