Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

This message was authored by ZeusP This message was authored by: ZeusP

Re: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

Same problem here. Tried wired and wireless. Tends to start off ok and the deteriorate to the point forces you to switch to HD channel. On Virgin Gig broadband, no other issues with streaming on demand and other connected devices. One of the main reasons I went for the puck was Sky UHD sports, which sucks right now.

I hope they're taking note and working on a fix even if not acknowledging it!

This message was authored by graham121 This message was authored by: graham121

Having had Pucks for well over a year now Sky had solved the issues with Live Sports on UHD, it was working faultlessly. Since this last update this sound and picture freezing has started, very annoying that we have gone backwards again.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for highlighting this problem.

I've passed the details on for investigation.

I'm going to mark the post as answered, so that people seeing a similar problem are aware we are investigating 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

The Sky Sports UHD and BT Sports Ultimate live broadcasts 

The freezing issue on live UHD broadcasts started for me from QS013.503.00P

Note it's only the live UHD broadcasts  for me that's affected

There is no freezing to playback of recorded games in my playlist in regards to Sky Sports UHD or BT Sports UHD 

It's just the Live UHD broadcasts that's affected 

To me it's sky server bandwidth capacity in regards to the live UHD broadcasts

This usually can be fixed if the broadcaster adds more bandwidth capacity on their servers for live broadcasts on a day when it's required

This often required if there is going to be a lot of demand for a live broadcast  

Some broadcasters and websites rent extra bandwidth capacity when it's required if they expect more than usual demand on a particular day

Premier Leauge and Champions Leage will always have more demand in regards to live sport so Sky need to increase their server bandwidth capacity for the live UHD broadcasts.

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@Paul+Boland 

Yet I've never had an issue on BT Sports Ultimate, only Sky Sports UHD football🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@Floydianslip 

Have you viewd Saturday 12pm  premier league games on BT Sports Ultimate 

It has happened but less often 

It's happens more so with Sky Sports Premier League games on Sky UHD

Saturday 5PM games and Sunday Games 

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

@Paul+Boland 

Yes I watch BT Ultimate Saturday lunch times, I've not had any issues.

This message was authored by BRG268 This message was authored by: BRG268

Same issue here. Freezing, audio drop outs starts about 15-20 mins after starting either Sky Sports UHD and BT Sports Ultimate. Only issue with live sports, other content is fine (on demand UHD HDR).

My tv is an LG 77 Oled G2 and I'm on a 500mbps symmetrical fibre connection with Nest Wi-Fi mesh. Sky have sent me a new puck to test but the issue persists.

This message was authored by SteRob87 This message was authored by: SteRob87

I know this is a little late but I recently got Stream myself and have problems with Sky Sports UHD picture freezing and sound cutting out. Tried watching the United v Leicester game earlier and was containtly freezing. I gave up and watched in HD. 

I started the Spurs v West Ham game that's live now and also the same problem. So I thought I'd rewind the live broadcast about 2mins or so and as of yet its been flawless. No sound cutouts or picture freezing. I've had it playing for about 20mins or so and it's been perfect. 

Before I tried this it would start freezing about 2 or 3 mins in and containtly every 2 or 3 mins so this has definitely helped. I know it's not a perfect fix and shouldn't be needed but it might help. 

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷
Sky Stream + Whole Home (2 Pucks)
Sony KD-55XF9005
This message was authored by Yorkiecherry This message was authored by: Yorkiecherry

I have constantly having problems Sky Sports UHD channel. Absolute shambles. I have reported it several times. Been advised it will be sorted on next software update whenever that is 

This message was authored by CITD1982 This message was authored by: CITD1982

I'm having the same problems as others have described. I'm currently trying to watch Fulham vs Wolves on Sky Sports Main Event and sound and/picture freezing every 15 seconds or so. The only reason I pay extra for UHD is for the football! Does anyone know whether we can ask Sky for the UHD money back because it's basically pointless at the moment?

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@CITD1982 wrote:

I'm having the same problems as others have described. I'm currently trying to watch Fulham vs Wolves on Sky Sports Main Event and sound and/picture freezing every 15 seconds or so. The only reason I pay extra for UHD is for the football! Does anyone know whether we can ask Sky for the UHD money back because it's basically pointless at the moment?

Yes. I've had UHD/Atmos free for the past 4 months. 

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I only had issues with 4K Sports when i was using wireless not on ethernet odd that this is still happening for some people.

This message was authored by Sy11 This message was authored by: Sy11

I'm having exactly the same problem and only with live football in UHD. 

It has been ok up until this week, it keeps freezing and stuttering, sound only or picture only then sometimes the picture speeds up in order to catch up or I lose the sound while the picture plays. 

Its bad for both Sky Sports UHD and BT Sport Ultimate. Normally if I change channel and then change it back again it sorts it out for a short while before it happens again and I have to repeat the process. 

I don't have issues with any other UHD content. I can have UHD content playing in the living room and my bedroom with multiple devices connected and no issues at all.

I've also tried it with only the Sky Stream Puck connected and no other devices and still get the same problem.

I have 50mb's coming into my Sky broadband router so thought it was a bandwidth issue; however, have seen that people with 900mb Ultrafast Broadband are having the same problem so it can't be that. 

Sort it out Sky this is not good enough for the money we're paying. I also used to have similar issues with Sky Q UHD and would have to turn it off and on again at the wall in order to resolve the issue. 

This is typical Sky charging top dollar for substandard buggy equipment and software. 

This message was authored by Red+Silence This message was authored by: Red+Silence

Not just me then.

All the above.

Paying top dollar for this so I'm asking for a credit until it's fixed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion