Discussion topic: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Stream puck - Sky Sports UHD problems

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JammyDodger68 This thread is too long to go back and read it all so apologies if you have already done or answered this but what happens if you swap the pucks over between your TVs? Does the problem transfer to the other TV if so there is probably a problem with the specific puck but if the problem remains with the Sony TV then it will be a compatibility issue.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by JammyDodger68 This message was authored by: JammyDodger68

Hi, I have switch pucks - and defo a compatability issue - puck work fine with my other TV's - so conclude it is a TV Spec issue.

Thanks - agree so many posts to wade through and alos some many threads on this topic - be good to have a clear answer from Sky.

This message was authored by JonnieBoy This message was authored by: JonnieBoy

I've had this problem too, but it's a bit random.

My one consistent problem is that if a watch UHD Sky Sports stream, the puck becomes totally unresponsive to the remote control (bluetooth, my puck is behind the wall where the TV is mounted). Once it becomes unresponsive, a power cycle of the puck brings it back to life. However, I've also noticed, that if I point the remote on the puck side of the all the puck appears to respond via IR, move to the other side of the wall and puck is unreponsive via bluetooth.

I've taken the batteries out of the remote and replaced them (to reset the remote), but the problem doesn't go away unless the puck is power cycled. So it's a puck problem, not a remote issue.

This will happen EVERY SINGLE time I watch Sky Sport UHD stream, so frustrating. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion