Discussion topic: Sky Stream crashing on sky sports UHD

This message was authored by JDB.123 This message was authored by: JDB.123

Sky Stream crashing on sky sports UHD

Had sky stream for 2 days. Worked flawless yesterday being used most of the day to watch the cricket in UHD.

Since today the puck has been crashing while watching the same UHD channels (f1 uhd and cricket UHD). Normal HD channels don't seem to have this problem. (Tried both pucks on my 4k TV and have seen the problem on both).

I noticed the software is now 1.2 on both pucks where yesterday they were 1.1. Is this a bug in the new update? 

My stream is on ethernet connected to my sky router @500mb fttp. TV is a Samsung neo qled qn90a.

Baffled as tv working fine, Internet connection and speeds are all okay. Can only think its a Sky/update issue as both pucks are showing this problem.

All Replies

This message was authored by Sanny95 This message was authored by: Sanny95

Re: Sky Stream crashing on sky sports UHD

Been experiencing the same thing. 

JDB.123
Topic Author

Has yours been restarting itself when it crashes? I get a spinning circle then the puck hard resets.

This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

I'm not getting crashing but it is freezing briefly at the start of every advert break in the circket and again once it gets back to the broadcast. It's perfectly fine in between the adverts. I'm going to try rebooting the puck at lunch but it's really irritating.

This message was authored by A+JW This message was authored by: A+JW

I think this may actually be the channel rather than the box. I noticed a similar thing when watching it on Sky Go the other day.

An ex-Sky Stream customer
JDB.123
Topic Author

I am getting a complete hard reset after watching UHD for a few mins. The puck powers down. Still happening today. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion