Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Remote to Puck

This message was authored by Dougie+Divot This message was authored by: Dougie+Divot

Sky Stream - Remote to Puck

Does the remote need line of sight with the puck to work; the reason I ask is I'm thinking of subscribing sky stream (cancelled Sky Q 2 years ago) but have a wall mounted tv and I want to hide the puck behind the tv. Also, can I watch sky stream on iPads elswhere in the house (is there a separate app) and will it have the same functionality as watching on the tv. Many thanks. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

Re: Sky Stream - Remote to Puck

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dougie+Divot wrote:
Hi @mikealanr , Thank you once again, just one more question, as you are the oracle,, does the puck have an Ethernet connection, I have full fibre into the house and prefer solid connection for stability. 

Thanks Dougie+Divot

@Dougie+Divot  Yes it does, it's how I have mine connected. It supports WiFi 6 too so you'll likely get faster speeds (your broadband package dependant) via WiFi. I use a wired connection as it's plenty fast enough for my viewing needs (including UHD/HDR)

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Dougie+Divot 

No the remote connects via Bluetooth as well as IR functions.

More info on the remote generally: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-sky-glass-remote

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Dougie+Divot
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dougie+Divot This message was authored by: Dougie+Divot

Hi @mikealanr ,

many thanks, very helpful. Can I watch Stream via sky go on my iPad. Thanks

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@Dougie+Divot 

Yes but note that the channel line up on stream (and Go) is different than Q.

See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Also the number of devices you can uSe is different depending on your package: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/managing-devices-and-streaming-sky-go#:~:text=You%20can%20register....

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Dougie+Divot
Topic Author

Hi @mikealanr ,

Thank you once again, just one more question, as you are the oracle,, does the puck have an Ethernet connection, I have full fibre into the house and prefer solid connection for stability. 

Thanks Dougie+Divot

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty Answer

@Dougie+Divot wrote:
Hi @mikealanr , Thank you once again, just one more question, as you are the oracle,, does the puck have an Ethernet connection, I have full fibre into the house and prefer solid connection for stability. 

Thanks Dougie+Divot

@Dougie+Divot  Yes it does, it's how I have mine connected. It supports WiFi 6 too so you'll likely get faster speeds (your broadband package dependant) via WiFi. I use a wired connection as it's plenty fast enough for my viewing needs (including UHD/HDR)

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
Dougie+Divot
Topic Author

@Skull+Treaty,

perfect, thanks for your help. 

Dougie+Divot

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion