Discussion topic: I am very upset that My streaming luck keeps freezing and Sky blame the WiFi which is supplied by tg

This message was authored by 70NY This message was authored by: 70NY

I am very upset that My streaming luck keeps freezing and Sky blame the WiFi which is supplied by tg

I am very upset that My streaming luck keeps freezing and Sky blame the WiFi which is supplied by tHem

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: I am very upset that My streaming luck keeps freezing and Sky blame the WiFi which is supplied b

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's quite feasible that the WiFi signal strength is the issue.

The sky streaming platform requires a strong and stable internet connection for it to work. WIFI signals are prone to suffer from interference. There are multiple causes of WiFi interference but some commons one are other electrical devices in your property, neighbouring wifi networks (typically causes issues in blocks of flats), the location of the router in a property (i.e it shouldn't be on the floor or near things like radiators) and also the actual structure of a property (thickness of walls, floors) will affect a WiFi signal.

Most ISPS provide cheap basic routers as part of their standard broadband packagers and like Sky offer additional add-ons where you can get better routers or WiFi-extenders as part of them guranteeing a decent WiFi signal across your property. 

There are otber options to try as well, you could purchase your own router or mesh network and set that up to improve the strength and stability of the WiFi signal or alternatively don't connect the Sky streaming devices via WiFi and instead disable the WiFi int he network settings and connect via an Ethernet cable instead ( these provide a most stable connection as Ethernet isn't prone to interference like WiFi networks are).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: I am very upset that My streaming luck keeps freezing and Sky blame the WiFi which is supplied b

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's quite feasible that the WiFi signal strength is the issue.

The sky streaming platform requires a strong and stable internet connection for it to work. WIFI signals are prone to suffer from interference. There are multiple causes of WiFi interference but some commons one are other electrical devices in your property, neighbouring wifi networks (typically causes issues in blocks of flats), the location of the router in a property (i.e it shouldn't be on the floor or near things like radiators) and also the actual structure of a property (thickness of walls, floors) will affect a WiFi signal.

Most ISPS provide cheap basic routers as part of their standard broadband packagers and like Sky offer additional add-ons where you can get better routers or WiFi-extenders as part of them guranteeing a decent WiFi signal across your property. 

There are otber options to try as well, you could purchase your own router or mesh network and set that up to improve the strength and stability of the WiFi signal or alternatively don't connect the Sky streaming devices via WiFi and instead disable the WiFi int he network settings and connect via an Ethernet cable instead ( these provide a most stable connection as Ethernet isn't prone to interference like WiFi networks are).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

There is no need to rent additional equipment at unnecessary ongoing cost🤔

You can address WiFi issues by buying you own equipment at one time cost OR by using powerline networking equipment😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion