Discussion topic: SKY STREAM

This message was authored by Cay This message was authored by: Cay

SKY STREAM

SKY STREAM REVIEW had it under 24hours I'll be calling first thing in the morning to cancel I'm paying 30 something quid for A HEADACHE sky don't have anything anymore all it is is a box with app it's a 20times worse version of a Apple TV I have Apple TV and will be sticking worth that and monthly subscriptions all sky is is app if you want to watch something on what use to be called catch up layout have to watch it on an app as if you me on your phone or Amazon stick it's an absolute rip off lags when u change Chanel's everything's muddled up nothings in place it's like looking at an unorganised android phone not how it use to be it use to be all sky channels not prime next to Netflix next to the 5 app next to itv x I singed up for SKY NOT A BOX WITH APPS one got that on my PlayStation on my Amazon stick on my Apple TV on my smart tv sky stream is an absolute rip off waste of time DO NOT GET SKY STREAM BELIVE ME YOULL REGRET IT 

All Replies

This message was authored by Digifriendly This message was authored by: Digifriendly

Re: SKY STREAM

I have had Sky Stream exactly one week and experienced none of the above. In fact I would highly recommend it.

D. Howard Gilpin
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cay wrote:

I singed up for SKY NOT A BOX WITH APPS one got that on my PlayStation on my Amazon stick on my Apple TV on my smart tv 

Certainly you have apps on those: what you don't have is the Stream EPG and Sky channel delivery, which is what the Sky content subscription is paying for.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Cay how long have you had a Puck?

Pucks can't match Apple TV boxes as a streaming device ... BUT they do deliver a greater degree of convenience for  accessing broadcast channels and the content across apps🤔

Perhaps a few minutes to review the device guide videos would help you understand how to use the Sky Stream service😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Also not much point comparing it to an Apple TV, as Sky Stream and Apple TV are aimed at 2 very different markets. With Apple TV being a more expensive, premium, high end product and Sky Stream being a mass produced cheaper device which Comcast has produced as generic as possible to make it easier for them to utilise globally for all their TV/Cable subsidaries.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Cay
Topic Author

You have pay to skip adds anything you u want to watch you have to watch it though an app and lagging when changing channels you've definitely experienced that because that how it works stop lying 

Cay
Topic Author

Respectfully I'm not 12 years old I know how to use it and you can compare it to Apple TV because all that sky has is a few poxy sky channels on there everything else you can get on Apple TV/amazon stick and convenience how is it convenient when you have to pay for adds have a lag when changing channels and yes it's connected to Ethernet and you have to sing the n to multiple apps when you want to watch anything anyone coming from sky q or Evan ever having an Apple TV will 100 percent known sky stream is an absolute scam you pay 360 a month 🤣🤣 you pay 120 for Apple TV never pay anything again and some how your talking about convenience 🤣🤣🤣

Cay
Topic Author

Sky stream 30 a month 360 a year 120 for Apple TV never have to pay anything again you don't have a clue what your talking about mate your sound like a sky sales team about it's cheeper 🤣🤣🤣 and there exactly the same devices just sky thought they could make Pepole pay monthly by adding there lowsey sky channels 🤣

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Cay wrote:

and there exactly the same devices 

Apple would be very upset at the suggestion their custom crafted silicon is in any way comparable to the generic (and rather elderly) Arm chipset of a Stream puck.

That would partly be why at £149 an Apple TV 4K is almost four times the nominal £39.95 price of a Stream puck.

I'd also observe the presence of the coaxial aerial socket on the rear of the Sky hardware would be a clue it's not 'exactly the same device': Apple would never let that seriously antique design* anywhere near one of their enclosures.

*actually over 100 years old ; )

@TimmyBGood wrote:

Apple would never let that seriously antique design* anywhere near one of their enclosures.

Oops, got to correct myself there.

They did, back in the 1990s.

https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/3416/Apple-Macintosh-Performa-5400-180/ 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@TimmyBGood wrote:

Apple would never let that seriously antique design* anywhere near one of their enclosures.

Oops, got to correct myself there.

They did, back in the 1990s.

https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/3416/Apple-Macintosh-Performa-5400-180/ 

and they quickly learnt their lesson.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

@MarkGoldsmith 

I even owned one back in the day.  Bad computer, worse television set....

Cay
Topic Author

Your talking about the box I'm talking about what it provides and the Apple TV is way faster and better than sky yes but sky stream offers pretty much the same just with sky channels sky stream is a rip off and it's not 34 it's 34 a month Apple TV is 120 in CeX and your never paying anything again 

@Cay wrote:

Apple TV is 120 in CeX and your never paying anything again 

To use free-to-air channel apps (with a TV Licence, of course, so not actually free ; )

Presumably Sky subscribers think the subscription content is worth the monthly cost, otherwise they wouldn't subscribe...

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Cay wrote:

Your talking about the box I'm talking about what it provides and the Apple TV is way faster and better than sky yes but sky stream offers pretty much the same just with sky channels sky stream is a rip off and it's not 34 it's 34 a month Apple TV is 120 in CeX and your never paying anything again 

Not strictly true. You have to pay for many app subscriptions on an Apple TV box. 

Many of the apps are free to download but you have to subscribe to actually watch anything on them. Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, NOW, etc all require subscriptions. You'll get a month or two free Apple TV+ with purchase of the box but thereafter you have to subscribe. 

You can stream live free-to-air TV for free via BBC iPlayer, ITVX, Channel 4, My5 and other apps. Plex, Rakuten TV, Tubi, Freevee and other apps offer completely free, ad-supported live and on demand streams. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion