Discussion topic: SKY STREAM

This message was authored by Jon34 This message was authored by: Jon34

Re: SKY STREAM

So...

To summarise.

Apple Tv device is a premium product

Apple tv+ is a subscription service.

Much cheaper than sky but with a lot less featires/content

Sky subscriptions whether via satellite or sky stream is in fact a premium service. Costing 60+ a month easy.

There's no real comparison between Apple tv and sky stream, same as no real comparison with prime video with fire tv.

Sky stream is a bundled service, sky channels, popular tv apps, ad skipping works across most apps, not forgetting Netflix, discovery and paramount.

For the most part, the home screen & playlist are integrated quite well with other apps.

The issue with sky stream stems from poor "service delivery" (IT) and cheap hardware, they even have the cheek to convince people to buy sky protect and insurance for loaned devices.

Aside from that, using an ethernet lead these boxes are fairly good.

Would I recommend it? Yes, certainly makes modern tv easy especially for my elderly mother.

I've had it for nearly 18 months, 3 boxes and I've had 2 replaced and had 2 remotes replaced. Like I said, premium service, cheap hardware - Sky.

This message was authored by cliff53 This message was authored by: cliff53

First, if your not 12, try writing like a grown up. Secondly, I am looking at stream as a convenient way of having all things on one box. Plus sky entertainment and sport.

I am trying to sort through your rabble writing and really don't understand your problem. Unless it's just pain in **bleep** writing.

Steveboy
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Cay wrote:

Sky stream 30 a month 360 a year 120 for Apple TV never have to pay anything again you don't have a clue what your talking about mate your sound like a sky sales team about it's cheeper 🤣🤣🤣 and there exactly the same devices just sky thought they could make Pepole pay monthly by adding there lowsey sky channels 🤣

Well ... well ... well .... you have to pay to access the subscription  services and log in to each of them ... to claim there are no charges beyond the purchase of a Apple TV box is 😂

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Bill051 This message was authored by: Bill051

I agree that the comparison with the Apple TV box is irrelevant as there are alternatives but it's valid to ask if the channels that we are actually paying for ( not available free in other ways) are worth the subscription.
  Has anybody here renewed their stream subscription? Is it the same price? Does the discovery+ offer still apply?

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You have to consider what the subscription pays for ... because it is not just the subscription channels on the EPG🤔

Exiled in HH

@Exiled-in-HH 

"You have to consider what the subscription pays for ... because it is not just the subscription channels on the EPG"

What else do you mean?

In the past "on-demand" was charged separately to "broadcast channels"😉

Sky pay broadcasters for the inclusion of their channels😉

Sky have 30,000 employees many of whom are not involved directly in the creation of content on Sky's Entertainment broadcaster channels😉

Servicing on-going operation debt😉

Servicing the purchase cost of Sky by Comcast ... Comcast expects Sky to generate profit😉

Sky's broadcast entertainment channels are a minor part of cost of a Sky subscription🤔

In the past it was possible to subscribe to Sky Sports without Entertainment .... the difference in price was negligible😂

Exiled in HH

@Exiled-in-HH 

Thanks for that. A few ticks in reasons not to renew column.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion