Discussion topic: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

This message was authored by Twigletto This message was authored by: Twigletto

Re: QS025 Lip Sync Issues

It's at it's worst on BBC, both channel and iplayer, but not restricted to them, I've got it across the whole lot. Starts off ok, then gets worse. I've tried every fix suggested, reset my telly's sound, faffed about with sky settings, to no avail. If I'm paying for a puck, why do I have to resort to hours of labour, or using a firestick? I'm glad to see that for once a sky employee has bothered to reply to a lengthy discussion,makes a change. I'm exhausted.  ( and very angry.) Maybe instead of putting prices up, sky should pay us for the hours of our precious time trying to fix it.

This message was authored by Martinguy25 This message was authored by: Martinguy25

Hi, I find the lip sync is out on my sky stream, but I don't use external speakers.  The sounds comes after the picture, so using the day option only make it worse. 

This message was authored by Gilby65 This message was authored by: Gilby65

Already had one replacement puck a week ago and still have the sync problems. Starts normally and within an hour or less the sync is out and also can change channel and the sound goes off altogether. With I had stuck with sky q

This message was authored by JoelBaker This message was authored by: JoelBaker

Watching live Glastonbury on BBC. 

I have Samsung TV with soundbar. 

Watching with the native iPlayer app on the Samsung I see no lip sync issue - including with soundbar 

Watching live tv (same thing, Glastonbury on live bbc1/2) on my Sky stream gives lip sync problem where audio is behind video. So audio lag setting only makes the problem worse. 

I had years of excellent experience with Sky Q but Sky stream has been really poor from the start 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@JoelBaker wrote:

Watching live Glastonbury on BBC. 

I have Samsung TV with soundbar. 

Watching with the native iPlayer app on the Samsung I see no lip sync issue - including with soundbar 

Watching live tv (same thing, Glastonbury on live bbc1/2) on my Sky stream gives lip sync problem where audio is behind video. So audio lag setting only makes the problem worse. 

I had years of excellent experience with Sky Q but Sky stream has been really poor from the start 

Sky Stream Puck HDMI cable in to TV or in to Soundbar?

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS028.516.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by JoelBaker This message was authored by: JoelBaker

sky stream into tv. 
tv into soundbar

This message was authored by FunkyL This message was authored by: FunkyL

Still getting the issue.  No improvement at all since the issue arose 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@JoelBaker wrote:

sky stream into tv. 
tv into soundbar

If you've got an hdmi in socket in your soundbar I'd try it with Stream Puck going in to that as it may make a difference. 

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS028.516.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by BeckyC1 This message was authored by: BeckyC1

Sky stream audio sync

My sky stream is always out of lip sync on the audio. I have tried resetting the pucks, I have tried every option in the digital audio delay. It is on both live tv and when watching shows on my playlist and streaming services such as Netflix.

This message was authored by Bluemike This message was authored by: Bluemike

Bad lip sync while watching the live darts this evening. Puck goes to receiver by hdmi. Puck us set to pass through but still has lip sync problems.

This message was authored by Gento26 This message was authored by: Gento26

Lip Sync issues

Terrible lip/sync with Sky Puc. Are others having this issue.? Furums saying it's cheap puc and latency issues. Sky need to resolve quickly before it goes major on X.
This message was authored by REGGIE5 This message was authored by: REGGIE5

I just had the same issue and reverted to tv sound instead of sound bar and works fine. Just had the issue this morning, 01/07 on bbc 2 when Wimbledon started 10:30.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@REGGIE5 wrote:

I just had the same issue and reverted to tv sound instead of sound bar and works fine. Just had the issue this morning, 01/07 on bbc 2 when Wimbledon started 10:30.

How is your soundbar connected to your TV? Are you using ARC or eARC? Are you using a high speed HDMI cable? Is your TV audio set to passthrough? Do you get lip sync issues with any other devices? 

This message was authored by sammyh98 This message was authored by: sammyh98

One of our pucks is out of sync on all channels, reboot makes no difference so switched to PCM. This puck is connected directly to a Samsung TV via HDMI.

This message was authored by Chris4Stream This message was authored by: Chris4Stream

I may be completely wrong here, but I can't help feeling that the lip sync issues people suddenly started experiencing may have something to do with Sky starting to test the low latency sports channels.

The issue seems to have started to be reported roughly round the same time that people noticed Sky had started testing the new low latency sports channels.

And if this issue was simply a bug or change in how the sound and vision were being process, Sky would simply revert the code back to the point where things where working.

I'm completely guessing here, but I expect the reason it's not been fixed yet, and is proving so hard to fix, is that it's linked to the changes behind the scenes and in the software to deliver the low latency sports channels, hence, it's complicated.... just a wild guess on my part.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion