Discussion topic: Moving to Sky Stream with existing Netflix account

This message was authored by Duff75 This message was authored by: Duff75

Moving to Sky Stream with existing Netflix account

Am about to sign up to Sky Stream with the Atmos/UltraHD pack - I currently have a Netflix standard HD and will upgrade to Premium which will cost me £17.99 per month

When I sign up for Sky, I can choose Netflix Premium for £8 per month - it says if I already have Netflix that it can all be transferred over and I am sure it can technically but, financially, what is the best route? If I choose Netflix Premium from Sky and then link my account does that, in effect, stop billing me from Netflix and instead I pay via Sky? In this instance, via Sky, I can get Premium for £3 per month less than I pay Netflix for Standard HD today

Obviously I do not want to pay for it twice and would rather save £10 a month if I can!

Best Answers
This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV Answer

Re: Moving to Sky Stream with existing Netflix account

@Duff75 

You are correct. You only pay £8pm for Netflix Premium via Sky. It's a very good deal and one of the cheapest ways to get the top tier of Netflix. 

You don't need to cancel your existing Netflix account, you merely login to the Netflix app on your Stream puck and billing will automatically switch over to Sky. Any funds you have already paid Netflix directly for the month ahead will remain in credit on your account should you ever leave Sky and revert to paying them direct. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV Answer

@Duff75 

You are correct. You only pay £8pm for Netflix Premium via Sky. It's a very good deal and one of the cheapest ways to get the top tier of Netflix. 

You don't need to cancel your existing Netflix account, you merely login to the Netflix app on your Stream puck and billing will automatically switch over to Sky. Any funds you have already paid Netflix directly for the month ahead will remain in credit on your account should you ever leave Sky and revert to paying them direct. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Duff75 

Just be aware that Netflix billed through a partner doesn't have the 'Extra Member' facility.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Duff75
Topic Author
This message was authored by Duff75 This message was authored by: Duff75

@TimmyBGood Thanks for the heads up - not relevant in this instance but could well be in the future.

This message was authored by Infinitypc This message was authored by: Infinitypc

I currently have my premium Netflix through my EE smart benefit and pay £8 im also looking to sign up to Sky Stream. 

I assume sky will take over my EE smart benefit or would there be a conflict? 

or highly unlikely they both pay towards my nextflix and i can get premium for foc 

This message was authored by UnrealityTV This message was authored by: UnrealityTV

@Infinitypc wrote:

I currently have my premium Netflix through my EE smart benefit and pay £8 im also looking to sign up to Sky Stream. 

I assume sky will take over my EE smart benefit or would there be a conflict? 

or highly unlikely they both pay towards my nextflix and i can get premium for foc 

You won't get it foc - only one company can take on the billing. 
Your best bet is to cancel the EE smart benefit before switching to Sky, then there's no confusion and it'll be a straight switch from Netflix billing to Sky. 

This message was authored by stephenjames This message was authored by: stephenjames

This caught me out.

In the sales process they said this wouldn't be a problem...

However the reality is that i've moved from having an extra member... to literally not being able to add an extra member, because i now pay via SKY...

Annoying & confusing - hopefully they make a change and enable it...
I am happy to pay!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@stephenjames wrote:

This caught me out.

In the sales process they said this wouldn't be a problem...

However the reality is that i've moved from having an extra member... to literally not being able to add an extra member, because i now pay via SKY...

Annoying & confusing - hopefully they make a change and enable it...
I am happy to pay!

I believe thats a Netflix thing, in that Netflix dont allow their resellers to utilise the Household feature.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Eggandchips16 This message was authored by: Eggandchips16

Does paying via Sky stop me from accessing my Netflix  account elsewhere (like an airbnb)?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Eggandchips16 wrote:

Does paying via Sky stop me from accessing my Netflix  account elsewhere (like an airbnb)?

@Eggandchips16 no it doesn't.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion